9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Civic EX-L that I purchased new and now has 160K trouble free miles.

The rubber on All 4 of the window sweep/belt molding weather stripes have disintegrated.

I have been trying to find the if these can be replaced easily, but have found nothing. I found info for the 8th gen--they are easy to replace. But the 9the gen do not look like the 8th gen.

Has anyone else experienced the disintegration of their belt moldings?

Has anyone had success replacing them?

Does anyone have information on how to replace these moldings?

Thank you for any and all information

RASCARS

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2013 Civic EX-L that I purchased new and now has 160K trouble free miles.

The rubber on All 4 of the window sweep/belt molding weather stripes have disintegrated.

I have been trying to find the if these can be replaced easily, but have found nothing. I found info for the 8th gen--they are easy to replace. But the 9the gen do not look like the 8th gen.

Has anyone else experienced the disintegration of their belt moldings?

Has anyone had success replacing them?

Does anyone have information on how to replace these moldings?

Thank you for any and all information

RASCARS
I replaced mine on the passenger side(the driver's side was like new). Not difficult at all & I had found a post on this forum(or maybe the other 9th gen forum) that had good instructions and even had the part numbers(might vary according to year). They just pop straight up on my 2013 Si, 4 dr, but there is one screw at the rear of the back doors that need to be removed. Again, there might be some variance between years or models. Here's where I got mine & the part numbers. Remember, mine is a 13 Si, 4 door. https://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/v-2013-honda-civic-sedan--si--6-speed-manual/interior-bumper--molding
72410-TR0-A01
72450-TR0-A01
72910-TR0-A01
72950-TR0-A01

·
Registered
75 Posts
I replaced all 4 of mine last year. We get a lot of sun in the summer (our '13 is parked outside). Ordered the parts from our local dealer. Be careful when removing the old trim as to not break the clips. If you break the old clips and they fall into the door, I'd imagine you'd hear rattling later on. I was very, very careful in removing the old clips.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for this

I appreciate it.
The 9th gen is on differently--rotted the same way though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much!!

The parts are cheap enough!! WOW

Now to be brave and attempt one. I guess the worst case it I screw ne up and have to pay a body shop to do it.

thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!!!
I have the same issue--everything else on the car looks super but those

1 - 7 of 7 Posts