9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo... I wanted to show you guys something you might end up having a problem with, I got my tint done at Tint King Billerica, MA and They told me that the bubbles from the back top window should go away with time. It really messes up the black clean look of the car because the bubble's make it look silver. Look at the picture and let me know what you think? Or what should I do to get it fix.

They claim to give "Lifetime Warranty" for everything.
So.. I went to the shop and they agree to re-tint my drivers side window because it was also mess up but they kept talking crap, avoiding to agree to re-tint my back window. I'm hoping to speak and meet the owner to show him how crappy it was done.
I don't think it's right for me to pay $ 250-300 for that type of work, only reason I payed and decided to get it done on a shop was because I thought they were going to do a professional job.

Also the reason why they didn't tint my drivers side window properly is because "The car is too new" lol, The machine couldn't cut it properly with the template they were using.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wow, that IS some seriously bad tinting!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Pfft, amateur business is what, excuses, btw that's some expensive tinting IMO

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
thats a load of bs, if youre gonna spend that much the machine should cut it right, my dealership quoted me for 190, and they look good, I'm going to get it next week, I'd demand a refund and go elsewhere

·
Registered
266 Posts
that is horrible, worst tint job i've seen yet.
I had some bad experience with one tint shop, but they re-tinted the car after i kept bothering them about it. Automotive tinting places are notorious for hiring people who have very little experience since the business owners dont pay them much.

Get a refund and go elsewhere.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Very poor tinting

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
That's where I took my Altima to have it done a little more than a year ago. I forget the owners name but he did the work, and I have zero complaints.

Sounds like you got someone new or shitty... Also remember as an early adopter the computer pre cuts might not be 100%...he usually will adjust them as he gets familiar with a new car.

I fully plan to give him my business again and see what happens. He seemed most legit and had the longest lasting business in the area.

Again- I can only speak to my one experience which was a good one... And the installer which was the owner.

Sorry to hear you having issues but keep your cool and give them a chance to make it right... It's a word of mouth business and I think he's legit

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
On the app so sorry for additional post...owners name might be Brian? Just something that's coming to mind...
Good luck!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I noted some air packets in the tint on my Altima when I had it done. The guys at the shop said that it was normal and would go away in about a week. In a week, I had perfect tint and nO bubbles at all. Not sure about the explanation, but maybe just give it time to settle :p.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hope you have it solved soon as it looks like crap. I was thinking to get mine done maybe will wait a bit talk to a few people see who is really good before doing it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's a load of BS man. I just had mine done and I suffered ZERO bubbles. These guys had no issues at all tinting on a "new" car. A good tint guy only needs a razor blade, not a machine to cut the film for him.

I would raise ****.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
That's a load of BS man. I just had mine done and I suffered ZERO bubbles. These guys had no issues at all tinting on a "new" car. A good tint guy only needs a razor blade, not a machine to cut the film for him.

I would raise ****.
Geez, even the word h-e-l-l is blocked...but heaven is not. LoL.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I noted some air packets in the tint on my Altima when I had it done. The guys at the shop said that it was normal and would go away in about a week. In a week, I had perfect tint and nO bubbles at all. Not sure about the explanation, but maybe just give it time to settle :p.
Yeah some bubbles are common among most tint shops because they dont want to take the extra time to get them out for you, but in warm weather with the windows always up will heat the tint up during the curing process and they will eventually disappear (the colder the weather the longer it will take). My tint guy heats the windows and removes any bubbles before i leave so it looks perfect from the start.....much easier to catch any errors this way too.

I would raise ****.
i dont agree with this....i have had several guys do my tint the old fashion way of putting a oversized sheet of tint on the window and trimming it down to fit. Sometimes it works and other you get jagged edges and uneven cuts. My guy use's a machine for his cuts and not once has it ever cut wrong. I have sent several people to him and done several cars myself....not 1 complaint. not to mention he has a true "Warranty" on his tint. I guess razor's are good but only if you can find someone with a steady hand and patience to do the job right.

·
Registered
565 Posts
A good tint guy only needs a razor blade, not a machine to cut the film for him.
I guess razor's are good but only if you can find someone with a steady hand and patience to do the job right.

That's pretty much what I said. :icon_wave:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts