9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i'm trying to get a downpipe on my 15 civic si. originally i was going with the skunk 2 downpipe but heard that it really isn't the best out there and that the material that it's made from really isn't that great. again please keep in mind i'm not the one saying or trying to talk bad about skunk 2 in general. if any one has any recommendations on what's a good downpipe feel free to tell me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Get a full race dp, amazing quality.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hear the skunk2 DP is pretty good actually. But RV6 and Full Race are probably the most recommended here. I personally love my FR DP. Makes good gains, sounds great, and really nice quality.

Reactions: Civi9

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
"Which downpipe is the best?" is like asking "Which is better: boxers or briefs?" Everyone has their favorite and each is better for certain situations.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Installing FR DP and exhaust today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the Catted RV6. FR was way backlogged when I chose to order one. So I went with the RV6. Very pleased with the sound, and nice gains after vit tune. Both are great DP's but I'm happy I ended up with the RV6

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've had my RV6 installed for about 2 years with no concerns. No rust, good sound, and it's a 2.5" pipe, which is all you need if you're not doing forced induction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put a PLM on mine. flex pipe is leaking from the first day of install. horrible quality. I wouldn't recommend at all

·
Registered
224 Posts
I recommend the Buddy Club downpipe, especially if you plan to run it with a factory catback exhaust. It's a catless 2.75" diameter and it reduces to 2.5" at the flange to aid the exhaust flow as it merges into the factory exhaust. I refuse to run a aftermarket catback exhaust because I want this car to be as quiet as possible so the Buddy Club downpipe is perfect for my needs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts