9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while racing at the stadium last night i put my tire pressure down to 25 psi. When I did that, the low pressure warning came on. Little did I know that the traction control cant be turned off at that point. Talk about killing my launches. Anybody know how to get around this?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Fill the tire back up...at least a little.

I know the idea. But the sensors are programmed to go off when the tire pressure is something like 25% low. The recommended setting is 32 psi on the Civic. So, technically 24 psi would throw the warning. 25 might throw it because standard errors in the readings. If you do 26 or 27, you might be able to get away with it.

Frustrating. I want to myself a truck back but this whole TPMS thing would make it prohibitive in conditions where you want to drop that pressure for more traction.

Reactions: socal.1904

·
Registered
135 Posts
Fill the tire back up...at least a little.

I know the idea. But the sensors are programmed to go off when the tire pressure is something like 25% low. The recommended setting is 32 psi on the Civic. So, technically 24 psi would throw the warning. 25 might throw it because standard errors in the readings. If you do 26 or 27, you might be able to get away with it.

Frustrating. I want to myself a truck back but this whole TPMS thing would make it prohibitive in conditions where you want to drop that pressure for more traction.
On that note... Try a burnout!! Heat the tires up and maybe the light will go out.. Not sure though I don't have the sensors on my si...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Ill look for a fuse and see how that goes.

All though a burnout might help its pretty much impossible when the traction control is stuck on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah I forgot about that part lmfao!! What a retarded response on my part lmfao!! Goes to show that beer and forums don't mix well ahaha!

·
Registered
131 Posts
taking the fuse out of the fuse box wont bypass the TPMS. mine comes on because i have aftermarket wheels on my car and did not switch the sensors, so i tried unpluging the fuse and the same light still came on. back to the drawing board...

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Not the cheap solution but if you can buy the programming tool, you can set the tire pressure to whatever you want. You may want to look into that especially if you're gonna be racing it and swapping tire systems.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
What if you bring the tire pressure back up to 32 then turn the t/c off leave the car running and then low the pressure or does it automatically turn the tc back on

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
What if you bring the tire pressure back up to 32 then turn the t/c off leave the car running and then low the pressure or does it automatically turn the tc back on

I would think so. The TC turns on once that sensor goes. So, if you got a flat tire on the fwy and TC off, it'd turn TC back on when the low pressure signal kicked over. That's the whole idea of the system - let computer control take over in abnormal operation.

·
Registered
115 Posts
the pipe bomb does not work . i tried it aready. drove 15-20 miles, tpms poped back on but had vsa off while driving and vas stayed off untill i turn off car.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
tthere is a fuse to pull ive done it..it eliminates trac cntrl abs and power steering though

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can I just say that for these cars you really don't need to lower tire pressure.. Especially if your drag racing.. The track I was on was soo sticky that the all season tires catch at 4 grand when launching at 4k

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have TMPS, But in my manual it says there is a button to turn it off. Maybe I miss understood...
It shows it being next to the TCS Button

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can I just say that for these cars you really don't need to lower tire pressure.. Especially if your drag racing.. The track I was on was soo sticky that the all season tires catch at 4 grand when launching at 4k

Wow... thats a super prepped track if your dropping at 4k and catching. No such luck at at mine. We dace at the stadium in San Diego so its not a dedicated track. Its fun though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It was sticky as hell!! We walked down after and I could barely move without losing my shoes!! And yeah all I'd get is like a half second squeal then it would catch!! Cayuga in Ontario is apparently known for being a sticky track!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts