9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so, as i mentioned earlier today i brought my '14 EX sedan into the dealership for some maintenance items. one of those items was an alignment check.

As i'm standing at the service writer's desk, i noticed a few new big screen TV's behind them with customers cars, their license plates and four tire prints either in RED or GREEN with notes below each of the four prints.

my service writer hands me a piece of paper with my car printed out on it, with the above information. he tells me that my alignment was checked when i drove in and here are your specs. i'm good. i kinda knew it was good by tire wear and driveability, but i was like...'whaaaaa? you can check alignment now by just driving in?'

i guess if they wanted too, they could get all RED and get more service. i have to say, there was some cars that had RED foot prints and others had a mixture of both.

just something new i hadn't experienced before.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting. No, I never experienced that before either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My buddies shop has a machine like this. Saves a lot of time, and has resulted in a few more alignment sales.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
so, as i mentioned earlier today i brought my '14 EX sedan into the dealership for some maintenance items. one of those items was an alignment check.

As i'm standing at the service writer's desk, i noticed a few new big screen TV's behind them with customers cars, their license plates and four tire prints either in RED or GREEN with notes below each of the four prints.

my service writer hands me a piece of paper with my car printed out on it, with the above information. he tells me that my alignment was checked when i drove in and here are your specs. i'm good. i kinda knew it was good by tire wear and driveability, but i was like...'whaaaaa? you can check alignment now by just driving in?'

i guess if they wanted too, they could get all RED and get more service. i have to say, there was some cars that had RED foot prints and others had a mixture of both.

just something new i hadn't experienced before.
Ding...ding...ding!
Not saying that this is done; but just the fact that it could be should concerning.
My buddies shop has a machine like this. Saves a lot of time, and has resulted in a few more alignment sales.
Yes, it is another sales tool... the big screen and red boxes are meant to stimulate the customer to purchase an alignment.

The ED18 handheld battery tester is another "sales" stimulator.
download (1).jpe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts