9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
2012 Honda Civic LX - 2 weeks old (part two)

Next addon is a rock screen in the bottom part of the bumper. Also known as the bumper grille.
I got some wire mesh and rubber tubing from home depot and made a template to fit the bumper grille opening.
Lower front mesh grill.jpg

Before install: (That bottom grille opening is almost 5 inches in height, never know what could find it's way up in there)
SDC12259.jpg

SDC12277.jpg

SDC12278.jpg

SDC12280.jpg

Finished job:
SDC12294.jpg

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I love your double din audio... I much you pay for that and is it still work with the imid display???
Last year December, I bought the unit and it was $850 on sale from $1100

Yes, the imid display still works and I can advance through the different screens as before. Working on a video to show imid working.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
I like your mods. Very tasteful and purposeful.

I hate those dealer stickers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Very glad to hear the Imid still works! I think I would want something like that a little down the line but that's a little pricey

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I like your mods. Very tasteful and purposeful.

I hate those dealer stickers.

I told the salesman not to put the dealer sticker on it, but what did they do. After it got washed and went through delivery a dealer sticker got placed on. Oh well, as you say (I hate those dealer stickers) - same here! So off it went. Took about 40 mins. I didn't have a hair dryer or extension cord to heat up the sticker and emblem. I improvised and boiled some water.

Thanks, I like my car to stand out but not too much. Enough that I know mine is different!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Very glad to hear the Imid still works! I think I would want something like that a little down the line but that's a little pricey
It was at the time, but I could not let it stay in my old car. So that was one expense I didn't have to repeat!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
I told the salesman not to put the dealer sticker on it, but what did they do. After it got washed and went through delivery a dealer sticker got placed on. Oh well, as you say (I hate those dealer stickers) - same here! So off it went. Took about 40 mins. I didn't have a hair dryer or extension cord to heat up the sticker and emblem. I improvised and boiled some water.

Thanks, I like my car to stand out but not too much. Enough that I know mine is different!
I used all that and a little WD-40, too (on a 2003 Monte Carlo). Eased up the process a tad.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Nice and clean. I especially like the front end.

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
Hey Dutsguru, do you have anymore pictures of your car with those wheels? I was searching for '12 Civic with Seven X and you came up. I was thinking to get one for my car. Also was that machined lip or not?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey Dutsguru, do you have anymore pictures of your car with those wheels? I was searching for '12 Civic with Seven X and you came up. I was thinking to get one for my car. Also was that machined lip or not?

Got the wheels and tires at Discount Tire
MB Seven X Finish: Silver Machined
Silver powder coat with a glossy finish and a machined lip.

Here's a close up picture:
SDC12307.jpg

SDC12306.jpg

SDC12305.jpg

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
2012 Honda Civic LX - 2 weeks old (part three)

I really did not want to pay the extra $$ to the dealership or buy the Civic EX L model, so I got the LX model because I knew I would be making some changes to it.

I found an upholstery shop in town and got a good price on the leather seats. I switched from cloth interior to leather interior.

Before: (Cloth interior)
SDC12283.jpg

SDC12284.jpg

After: (Leather Interior)
SDC12311.jpg

SDC12312.jpg

SDC12314.jpg

21 - 40 of 375 Posts