9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Dutsguru BUILD - 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan White

141K views 374 replies 55 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
Alright here are the first 3 pictures of the 2012 Honda Civic LX 4 door sedan - 2nd day of ownership

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda

2012 Honda Civic LX Taffeta White
Future mods ~ Wheels and Tires, AVIC-Z130BT Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver and Window Tint by Turkey day 2012

See less See more
#2 ·
I am considering the Yokohama S Drive 225/50R 16 tires (all the way around) and either the MB Five X wheels (Finish: Silver Machined - silver powder coat with a glossy finish) or the MB Seven X (Finish: Gloss Black Machined - black with high glass shine).

Attachments

#4 ·
Got a couple new pictures - updates made to the 9th Gen Civic: Removed the Civic badging and dealership sticker from trunk of car.

Before removal
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tail & brake light

After removal
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive lighting

Saturday evening I watched a couple of videos to use the best method in removing the badging and dealership sticker from any car. I kept the car in the sun for a couple hours, since I didn't have a hair dryer to heat the sticker anymore than what the sun has. I improvised and boiled some water, poured the first pot onto the Civic badge and used "dental floss" to remove the badge which took about 60 seconds to come off. I used a fine - non abrasive scrub pad and whatever adhesive remaining on the car was gone in about a minute.
The dealership sticker took about 40 minutes to be removed. To remove the dealership sticker, I used go goo, wd40 and hot water.

#6 ·
My next modification was to the tires and wheels on my 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Stock wheels and tires are P195 / 65 R 15 - I changed both to 205 / 50 R 16 Yokohama YK580's and went with the 16" MB Seven X as seen below. The ride is much better and lucky me found two people in my apartment complex to buy each 1 of the stock tires to use as a full size spare instead of the doughnut spare provided by Honda.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Honda civic Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel

Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Car

Let me know what you think? And to administration if this is the wrong category that I've uploaded to, please change to correct group and I will also preview the site more to find the best group to post too!
Thanks,
Dutsguru

#94 ·
And to administration if this is the wrong category that I've uploaded to, please change to correct group and I will also preview the site more to find the best group to post too!
Thanks,
Dutsguru

Looking good :D

Reactions: Dutsguru
#20 ·
2012 Honda Civic LX - 2 weeks old

Hey everyone I've added a couple of mods or changes is what you might say more appropriate to my 2012 Taffy White LX Civic since I got it almost 2 weeks ago.

First items that I changed out where the tires and wheels. Stock tires and wheels are 195 / 65R15 - I bumped mine up to 205 / 50R16 and added the MB Seven X

Next I removed (de-badged) the word Civic and Dealer sticker

Before:
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tail & brake light

After:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive lighting

Next to be changed out was the factory radio
Before - stock radio:
Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia Cd player

Electronics Product Technology Electronic device Media player

Product Electronics Technology Electronic device

After: Pioneer AVIC 130BT DVD, Navi, Sat radio, AM/FM tuner and iPod (Had this unit in my 2009 Accord) removed it from the Accord and had installed into the Civic.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Center console

Screen Electronics Multimedia Electronic device Technology

Navi:
Automotive navigation system Gps navigation device Electronic device Electronics Technology

Payin' some respect for all other 9th genners!
Technology

Continued....

#23 ·
2012 Honda Civic LX - 2 weeks old (part two)

Next addon is a rock screen in the bottom part of the bumper. Also known as the bumper grille.
I got some wire mesh and rubber tubing from home depot and made a template to fit the bumper grille opening.
Wood Hardwood Plywood Wood stain Furniture

Before install: (That bottom grille opening is almost 5 inches in height, never know what could find it's way up in there)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback

Wall Grille Auto part

Roof

Automotive exterior Grille Bumper part Bumper Automotive lighting

Finished job:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan

#26 ·
I like your mods. Very tasteful and purposeful.

I hate those dealer stickers.

#29 ·
I told the salesman not to put the dealer sticker on it, but what did they do. After it got washed and went through delivery a dealer sticker got placed on. Oh well, as you say (I hate those dealer stickers) - same here! So off it went. Took about 40 mins. I didn't have a hair dryer or extension cord to heat up the sticker and emblem. I improvised and boiled some water.

Thanks, I like my car to stand out but not too much. Enough that I know mine is different!

#28 ·
Very glad to hear the Imid still works! I think I would want something like that a little down the line but that's a little pricey

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: Digger
#30 ·
Very glad to hear the Imid still works! I think I would want something like that a little down the line but that's a little pricey
It was at the time, but I could not let it stay in my old car. So that was one expense I didn't have to repeat!

#32 ·
Nice and clean. I especially like the front end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.