9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if it is possible to replace the econ button with a switch? I am not a fan of the green button just chillin there.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Not sure what the problem is, but if you don't like the color, you could paint over it or put a piece of black tape on it. I'm thinking I won't be using it, so I'll never look at it.

On a slightly different subject, it's nice that there are two empty switch spaces down there. I always use one to mount the garage door opener switch there so I can tuck the actual opener up inside the dash out of the prying eyes of the scumbag snatch&grab thieves that roam parking lots around here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the problem is, but if you don't like the color, you could paint over it or put a piece of black tape on it. I'm thinking I won't be using it, so I'll never look at it.

On a slightly different subject, it's nice that there are two empty switch spaces down there. I always use one to mount the garage door opener switch there so I can tuck the actual opener up inside the dash out of the prying eyes of the scumbag snatch&grab thieves that roam parking lots around here.
No real problem, I just think it would look better with a switch instead. And would rather do something that looks better then just taping over it. The extra switch spaces are nice, I plan to put in a lighting switch and a bluetooth seeing as I have a base model and it didn't come with bluetooth.

·
Registered
178 Posts

I'm the opposite I almost never turn mine off. Would be nice to find a clear circular switch with a blue LED in it though to replace it with.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like the idea of a blue LED to replace it. Even though I have no problems with the green one. Either way it flows well with the interior colors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those of you talking about replacing the actual display light I believe it would just be a matter of removing the display panel and replacing the LED that lights up the leaf symbol.

Scotty, that is what i was getting at is having an actual switch instead of a button. However it desnt seem like it has been done, or at least I can't find anyone who has done it.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
I'm for painting it black and forgetting about it.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
I'm for painting it black and forgetting about it.
Hahaha!!! Hey now the wife got 560miles on a single tank thanks to that little green button. Lol my Si gets nowhere near that though, was a nice surprise though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Stigmacher

·
Registered
178 Posts
I average about 290 a tank but I have a 2 mile drive to work and alot of stop and go city driving in Columbus, OH on the weekends, I maybe have 10% driving on the highways.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I average about 290 a tank but I have a 2 mile drive to work and alot of stop and go city driving in Columbus, OH on the weekends, I maybe have 10% driving on the highways.
I feel your pain I have a 10 mile drive though LA. It takes me around 45min to an hour.

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Reactions: capacivic

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
So why, again, would the VSA button from the Si not work? I'm in my other car right now, but I'm pretty sure the VSA button is also cirular and goes in the same place on the dashboard that the Econ button goes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
G
The VSA button would not work, the Econ button is a round button above the 3 button panel.
You could get an si VSA button. We don't have Econ at all. Our VSA button is round and in place of the Econ

You could unplug Econ and plug in the circular VSA then find a blank to fit in the stock square VSA spot. There would just be no way to turn on Econ but I don't think you care.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So why, again, would the VSA button from the Si not work? I'm in my other car right now, but I'm pretty sure the VSA button is also cirular and goes in the same place on the dashboard that the Econ button goes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I guess it would work. I thought it was a rectangular button. You can put any round button you want. However I think a switch is a no go seeing as the button seems to be a contact button not a mechanical one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone looked into swapping the econ button with the hazzard button? I'm also considering running a parallel circuit to either the steering wheel or shift knob and installing a switch there. I drive mostly highway so the econ mode is always on. There have been a few times where I needed the full capability of the vehicle briefly in traffic and the current position of the switch isnt exactly convienent.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts