9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had mine removed by dealer. They put tint over the sticker so they had to retent that little window.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
whats the econ sticker????

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i thought stickers = hp ???? thats what i was always told....lol what is the econ button anyways.. what exactly does it do to engine...im sorta curious

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
serious question? or are you just messing with us

lol... im serious about the econ button questions... i know its to increase fuel mileage but how does it work??

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
lol... im serious about the econ button questions... i know its to increase fuel mileage but how does it work??
Oh lol. ECON slows down the throttle opening per pedal travel, changes the "shifting" in the transmission to a lower ratio, changes the duty cycle of the air conditioning compressor, enables Idle Stop through lower and higher outside temps, lets Idle Stop favor fuel mileage vs. cabin comfort so the engine stays off longer, and it also seems to slows down the response of the cruise controlhttp://www.insightcentral.net/forums/#.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Oh lol. ECON slows down the throttle opening per pedal travel, changes the "shifting" in the transmission to a lower ratio, changes the duty cycle of the air conditioning compressor, enables Idle Stop through lower and higher outside temps, lets Idle Stop favor fuel mileage vs. cabin comfort so the engine stays off longer, and it also seems to slows down the response of the cruise control.

cool.. thanks. thats interesting. i was wondering what all it did

·
Registered
681 Posts
i thought stickers = hp ???? thats what i was always told....lol what is the econ button anyways.. what exactly does it do to engine...im sorta curious
USUALLY that'd be the case. but the econ sticker is a special sticker, it adds MPG! haha I'm not sure EXACTLY what econ does to the engine but for me it just seemed like it lowered throttle response which i found to be really inconvenient when switching lanes, getting on the highway, pulling out of neighborhoods, etc. I don't use it anymore

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine got taken off when I had the windows tinted. I wish they would've kept the "Immobilizer/ Security System" stickers on the front doors though....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts