9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have about 15.9k miles on my si. For my first A1 service, I took my car in at around 4000 miles, because I am used to having the oil changed on my car more frequently than recommended. At the time, the ECU was showing 30% oil life. Next, I had my B1 service (which for those of you who haven't had it yet, is significantly more costly than the A1 service, coming in at $113 for me), and I got that one done a little early as well. I dont remember the exact mileage at the time but i think it may have been around 10 or 11k. So fast forward to now, I had scheduled service for this thursday morning before I leave for the beach for a week on saturday, and this morning lo and behold, I see the maintenance reminder pop up. This was the first time I have seen it, because as previously stated, I always changed my oil early. The issue is, I was told by the service center that it would be an A1 service again, because the last one was a B1, and they alternate between the two. My car is telling me I need another B1 service...The dealer said that this happened because the ECU knows the first two services were donw earlier than they should have been, so now it is "compensating" and skipped the next A1 and went straight to B1 again.

Of course, being a smart ass, I said "Oh so you guys altered my ECU so you can get more money out of me again?" lol...all jokes aside...this is surprising to me. This may mean that we cannot change our oil before we are supposed to, the car apparently knows about it. Anyone else have this issue yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maintenance Minder

Hi All - I have a 2012 Civic EX, approaching 50K miles. I checked my maintenance minder over the past month or so, and saw I was approaching an A12 service. In the past few days, I've noticed that I'm down to 20%, but oddly the maintenance minder is now showing A1, engine oil and tire rotation only? Has anyone seen this before? I did not reset anything.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It may come back when you hit 50 k,if it doesn't i would see the dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
It'll tell you what it is below the screen. Just scroll a tad.

Sounds like it's an oil change and tire rotation, and air filters. The info on mine right now at nearly 24k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, it was an A12, and then all of a sudden it went to A1 without my input. I'm questioning why it would decide I don't need to replace the air filter, but I did last week lol. Has anyone seen this? Its making me nervous.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Yeah, it was an A12, and then all of a sudden it went to A1 without my input. I'm questioning why it would decide I don't need to replace the air filter, but I did last week lol. Has anyone seen this? Its making me nervous.
:unsure:
:shrug:

Nervous? What did it say before you swapped filter? Could be engine air filter or cabin air filter too.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
I didn't swap anything...it just went from A12 to A1 on its own...
Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If you know the air cleaners are okay and the car doesn't tell you that you need to change them, then you'll be okay. I'd keep an eye on it. That's weird. I'm going to watch mine to see if it changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mike12806...this kind of thing happened to my car too. However, a day or so later it went back to the original mantenance minder letters and number.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I checked the OLM on Black Betty today and was sort of surprised to see it say 90% with 700 miles on the clock. If it continues at that pace, I'll be looking the first oil change at about 6,300 miles. Could it be the 99% city driving and the 40 some minutes per day idling? Just a thought. I'll keep and eye on it to see if it's linear.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
That's not too far off. Many of us hit 5k and 15%. All my recent Hondas (5) have.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A1?

Hey everyone. At 4775 my 2013 Civic Si A1 notice popped up saying service due soon. I looked it up in the manual and it said Oil change and tire rotation. So I took it into a local shop that I know the people and had my Tires rotated and my synthetic oil changed. Yet when I start my car it still says A1 service due? Why is it saying this? Is there a way to turn it off?

·
Registered
46 Posts
obviously if your new to Hondas you may not know about the whole resetting thing. Like most cars when the oil light comes on after its changed the light goes off. I thought this A1 thing was the same thing. What are forum boards for anyways.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
obviously if your new to Hondas you may not know about the whole resetting thing. Like most cars when the oil light comes on after its changed the light goes off. I thought this A1 thing was the same thing. What are forum boards for anyways.
What are owners manual for anyways too right?
If your coming to a forum to ask a very simple question than what would of took 2 minutes in searching in each and every vehicles owners manual,then you have the whole forum thing wrong.
It's like asking where do I put the gas in?if you really don't know the owners manual would tell you also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
What are owners manual for anyways too right?
If your coming to a forum to ask a very simple question than what would of took 2 minutes in searching in each and every vehicles owners manual,then you have the whole forum thing wrong.
It's like asking where do I put the gas in?if you really don't know the owners manual would tell you also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
relax dude. your not obligated to respond if it bothers you that much. forums are for asking questions and talking about cars. I use as many resources as I can to get an answer. Yes I found my answer in my manual, yes it didn't hurt to ask here too. No it didn't hurt you. Chill out man.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.