9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanna know if i could just buy springs instead of coilovers? I heard the stock shocks wont be able to withstand or last long with performance springs. Please let me know what you guys think. I drive a 2015 honda civic si.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
I wanna know if i could just buy springs instead of coilovers? I heard the stock shocks wont be able to withstand or last long with performance springs. Please let me know what you guys think. I drive a 2015 honda civic si.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The stock shocks hold up if you don't slam your car, 2" drop (or more) and you're likely to blow the stock shocks sooner than later. Even with a 1.5" drop you can blow them if you drive aggressively and travel crappy rounds, it all depends.

I've been on the pro-kit for almost 3 years, which is around a 1.3" drop, and my shocks are fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey I know you posted this a while ago but can you post more pics of your car?? I have the same car and cant decide between pro kit and sportline

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012 Si sedan,

hey, first time post, here's my plan.

2014 oem 20mm rsb ( is the progress 24mm or 22mm non adjustable that much better, worth the difference? ) , moog rear links part #K750125, K750125, K90574 bushings, skunk2 springs.

what else should I include and/or fitment issue experience?

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive been on pro kits for 32k miles on stock shocks. i promise you that i drive this car harder and on worse roads than anyone else on this forum and my stock shocks are still performing well. i have a 2014 with 67k miles

·
Registered
380 Posts
I mean Megan ez streets wtf am I saying, I'm about to buy Ksport Kontrol pros, since this girl is selling kind of local to me for 300 since she got rid of her Si

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering the pro-kits for my 2012 ex coupe, but have read about rubbing while on 18's on the SI's. I've ordered 215/40-18's, anyone have any insight on whether or not this is an issue with the EX?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 15 si and i am on pro kit. there is no rubbing or whatsoever on the 18's .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow. That sucks. I have the Pro-Kit on my 12’ sedan and I haven’t had ANY issues whatsoever. There is a faint “creaking” noise when I exit/enter steep driveways, but it doesn’t sound like anything is rubbing or binding, it just sounds like the springs flexing, which I’m sure is normal, it’s hardly noticeable.
i had sportlines professionally installed on my sedan and sounded like what your describing. the paperwork that came with the springs said this was normal. i coated them in white lithium grease and made them as quiet as can be. extremely happy with them so far.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i had sportlines professionally installed on my sedan and sounded like what your describing. the paperwork that came with the springs said this was normal. i coated them in white lithium grease and made them as quiet as can be. extremely happy with them so far.
I never got popping noise but I did get the occasional creaking when turning at low speeds. Greasing between the where the spring and top hat meet, helped get rid of the noise. Been on my Sportlines for about 50k miles with no problems and stock struts are still holding up.

·
Registered
433 Posts
"Leave a ¼" to ½" space between the end of the coil and the spring seat pocket. This will help prevent spring noise when encountering large bumps."

Direct quote from Eibach. Might be the solution to the noise - has anyone tried doing this?
Good to know this!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm about to drive myself crazy. I still have the noise in my right front with these prokits. They were professionally installed and looked at by 2 different mechanics. I even installed truhart shocks to see if that would help. I also have the tein rubber isolaters installed to prevent binding.

I honestly don't know what to do. I don't want coilovers and have never had an issue with springs/shocks on any other car. Drives me nuts that I am having issues with this.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a question I'm considering the eibach sportlines for my 2015 Si, my question is are the 2012-2013 the same part number as the 2014-2015? I checked pro civic and it says for the 2012-2013 1.8" in the front and 1.2" for the rear and for the 2014-2015 it says 2.3" drop in the front and 2" in the back... I contacted pro civic and they said the springs did not change from 2012 to 2015 but why is the drop less no the 2012-2013? Is this true? What will be the real drop for a. 2015 si?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a question I'm considering the eibach sportlines for my 2015 Si, my question is are the 2012-2013 the same part number as the 2014-2015? I checked pro civic and it says for the 2012-2013 1.8" in the front and 1.2" for the rear and for the 2014-2015 it says 2.3" drop in the front and 2" in the back... I contacted pro civic and they said the springs did not change from 2012 to 2015 but why is the drop less no the 2012-2013? Is this true? What will be the real drop for a. 2015 si?
14 and 15 suspension was changed a little bit (shorter strut, larger bolts, ect.) That's why they drop about half inch further than 12-13.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Oh ok so the spring is the same its just the strut from the newer models that make it sit lower... Thanks for the info

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a question, I just got my eibach sportlines for my 2015 Si sedan.. I got them from @PRO Civic and noticed that the FR Spring is a darker (maroon) red color compared to the rest of the springs and the letters on it are white vs the black on all the rest... Why is that? Also does bump stops that come with it do I need to install them?

1861 - 1880 of 1898 Posts