9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I got a notification in my Eibach away bar box that they are in the process of changing their colors from one shade of red to another. The implication was that you might notice a mismatch within any kit.
Front bump stops are easy to change so you might as well. The rears are harder because you need to drill out this little lock on the piston rod, but a lot of people opt to keep their stock ones. I haven't heard of a ton of problems because of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
eibach pro kit Creaking noise on front end strut for 9th gen , its the bearing because 9th gen has plastic 8th gen is metal , so you have to buy the 8th gen bearing and top hat that will fixed the creaking noise away few people have tested it i just ordered mine so yeah for those still have creaking noise this is the fixed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have noise as well, but I wouldn't say it to be creaking, more of a little bump, ... bump ... that ratchets as I turn at low speed or stationary.
(2014 Si Coupe, HFP {didn't come with lowered springs in '14}, Eibach Prokit Springs 4088.140)

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Because the springs are repeatedly loading up due to friction and then releasing (bump sound), over and over as you turn the wheel, that's what makes the sound. This is very common. As Drax said, it's because our 9th gen suspensions come with bushings in the top mount instead of a true bearing like the 8th gens did. If you follow Staff 6 Dan's replacement method (http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/suspension-brakes/179010-14-15-front-suspension-noise-fix.html), it should fix the problem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello.
I have the Eibach Sportlines on my FB6 sedan. The ride is a bit too low for my liking (bought it this way). Is there any way to raise the suspension, or do I have to get new springs? Also, can anyone recommend a set of shocks/struts? I'm currently on the stock suspension.

Thanks! :woowoo:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm wanting to get the pro kit. I am trying to find pictures of a si sedan that has been on the pro kit long enough to be considered settled but all the pictures I find are showing the springs right after the install. Can anyone help by sharing a picture of settled pro springs?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
The pic in my sig is totally representative of how my car sat once it was completely settled. On the other hand I do believe my car did sit somewhat lower than others from this forum where they also had installed the Pro Kit. So please keep that in mind.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Awesome that is perfect. I'm sure the settled height is dependent of the shock/strut chosen. I'm leaning towards the Truharts. Thanks for the quick reply, I know this thread has been dead long before my time here lol

The pic in my sig is totally representative of how my car sat once it was completely settled. On the other hand I do believe my car did sit somewhat lower than others from this forum where they also had installed the Pro Kit. So please keep that in mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had sportlines professionally installed on my sedan and sounded like what your describing. the paperwork that came with the springs said this was normal. i coated them in white lithium grease and made them as quiet as can be. extremely happy with them so far.
I installed my sportlines yesterday and have the same issue. Also noticed what you said in my paperwork and i sure can hear it when turning.

Has the grease held up and kept them quieter?

·
Registered
139 Posts
So I've had eibach sportlines installed for a couple months...

If you have any popping noise check the torque specs asap they could be off.

As for creaking (only while stopped and turning left or right) that is the coils binding together under load. Only solution for this was to spray the spring seats with white lithium grease as well at the spring. I did this yesterday and haven't had any noise.

I would also lube up the rear spring seats since a new creaking was coming from the rears while reversing..sprayed with grease and it fixed.

tldr just lube up!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I've had eibach sportlines installed for a couple months...

If you have any popping noise check the torque specs asap they could be off.

As for creaking (only while stopped and turning left or right) that is the coils binding together under load. Only solution for this was to spray the spring seats with white lithium grease as well at the spring. I did this yesterday and haven't had any noise.

I would also lube up the rear spring seats since a new creaking was coming from the rears while reversing..sprayed with grease and it fixed.

tldr just lube up!
This sounds like a quick and simple fix, thanks for that because the noise of the springs binding together at low speeds is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is my 2015 Lx , I finally installed the pro kit. It's only been about 50 miles since the installation and it sits about a inch lower all around. It feels much better on the road, body roll is almost all gone, the way it should be from the factory. I wanted to move up to 17" wheels, but I think I'm gonna stay on 16's for now, it gives the ride a little more cushion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I like the look of that wheel fitment on your car. They don’t seem small at all to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you. The rims need some work. My daughter learned to drive in my car and scraped them up a little bit. I need to fix them and then I'll repaint them a different color. They are cheap rims, I would like to have a quality set someday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Can't find these for a penny under $234 right now.

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts