1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,209 Posts
We're all ears. Or eyes.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Nah. I ain't got nothing. Just pulling your legs to revive an otherwise dead thread in the special section the newbs can't get to.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
At least noobs aren't treated like replacements are in the military during conflict. Conflict...such a nice word for death and destruction.

"If man had to eat everything he killed, would there still be war?"

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
At least noobs aren't treated like replacements are in the military during conflict. Conflict...such a nice word for death and destruction.

"If man had to eat everything he killed, would there still be war?"
...only a war on women...

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Yea^^^^^Whats sup.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i lost sleep last nite....over nothing....

is that what elders do? get excited for nothing?

nothing to do about nothing?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Nah. I ain't got nothing. Just pulling your legs to revive an otherwise dead thread in the special section the newbs can't get to.
This is a special section? I posted in 'The Pit' after paging thru.....damn...just go to page one and see Obama doing a whole gaping....and that hits the main list to the right? /goes to see supposed rules

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey Guys - I saw "Scotty" on here so I'm also getting involved - an "Elder" in age only - was POP Crew Member #34 when I had my 2012 Si Sedan and made many GOOD Friends here - in the interim I went thru a 2015 Veloster R-Spec, 2017 Genesis G80 and finally came back to my Love, but now in the form of a 2018 (10th Gen) Civic Hatchback Sport Manual..........

Just musing here but wonder if any have had some of the same musings - now that the Civic Type-R is back with us, I've thought for quite a while that Honda should reset the Si Badge into the the Fit Model Lineup - they could put the 180HP 1.5L Turbo and 6-speed Manual in it along with upgraded suspension and bigger tires & wheels - at 2500 lbs it would be a throwback to the early 2000's Si's - and I honestly think it would sell to the "Si Crowd" like hotcakes........right now the new Si is just in almost a "limbo status" between the Hatchback Sport Manual and the Type-R........plus you cannot GET the new Si in Hatchback Form................Turning the Fit into the new Si would be very "FITTING".............Larry

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Hey Guys - I saw "Scotty" on here so I'm also getting involved - an "Elder" in age only - was POP Crew Member #34 when I had my 2012 Si Sedan and made many GOOD Friends here - in the interim I went thru a 2015 Veloster R-Spec, 2017 Genesis G80 and finally came back to my Love, but now in the form of a 2018 (10th Gen) Civic Hatchback Sport Manual..........

Just musing here but wonder if any have had some of the same musings - now that the Civic Type-R is back with us, I've thought for quite a while that Honda should reset the Si Badge into the the Fit Model Lineup - they could put the 180HP 1.5L Turbo and 6-speed Manual in it along with upgraded suspension and bigger tires & wheels - at 2500 lbs it would be a throwback to the early 2000's Si's - and I honestly think it would sell to the "Si Crowd" like hotcakes........right now the new Si is just in almost a "limbo status" between the Hatchback Sport Manual and the Type-R........plus you cannot GET the new Si in Hatchback Form................Turning the Fit into the new Si would be very "FITTING".............Larry
Hey Larry good to see you back in a Honda. A Fit Si would be nice but I don't see Honda going after that market. Maybe they feel that market is just too small to tap.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Axion is putting together a k20 GK5 i think. check out there IG

·
Registered
696 Posts
I was looking for a topic to rant on in this ol' forum and it looks like I found it. I haven't had my Si since Feb 2014. What a long strange trip since then. So, fed up with how useless and expensive it was to wring power out of the Si, I traded it for a 2014 Mustang GT. It satisfied the giggle factor for a while. I left it stock except for swapping the mufflers out for the slightly louder Cobra mufflers. I also bought Ford's tuner, which was good for something stupidly worthless like 16-20 hp. Maybe it was more but not much. Only downside was the manual trans was absolutely terrible. I think people spent as much on shifter mods for that car as we did for everything else on the Si. So, that part sucked. It was easy to pull on cars that shouldn't think about racing a 5.0 but with anything comparable, it was almost always a disaster on my end.

So...it was not an altogether terrible experience when I after I started having severe backpain resulting in surgery, my wife made me trade the one and a half year old Mustang in for something with good ride height. I ended up in a Lincoln MKC 2.3l ecoboost AWD. It was quiet. It was super comfortable inside. It was pretty fast, too. Slamming the pedal to the floor was a fun experience. But...after 3 years, I was getting bored with it. Also, over last winter, the auto trans started acting a little lumpy. Just after I bought the Mustang, my wife got a Yukon XL. In August, the transmission went out. She didn't want to fix it so she got a new car. She picked out a Volkswagen Atlas. Well, after driving around her VW and really getting the need a new car fix....I bought.... a new GTI.

It's claustrophobic but otherwise really nice. Handles like a go-cart. I defied conventional wisdom and bought the 6 speed manual over the DSG. I may be the only one that thinks it, but the shifter feels better than the Si's to me. No missed gears. Not much shifting, though, either, b/c the turbo takes care of everything. Feels a little laggy before 2,500 rpms, though every other GTI owner I bring this up to spends 10 minutes telling me how torquey the motor is down low. So...IDK....

I really thought that when I went back to a normal car, I'd get either a Type R or another Mustang. But I spent $45k on the Lincoln (the 2.3l jacks up the cost) and watched it depreciate like a stone as the miles added up. So, I'd been thinking I'd get something cheaper again. I just couldn't bring myself to get another Si, knowing the Type R was out there. I had seen this GTI on the lot when we bought the Atlas. It is the base Sport trim and being an unwanted manual transmission, they'd slapped a $4000 discount on it. So...that's where I am. Not saying it to brag, but modding a car w/ a turbo on it is so much cheaper. A stage one canned tune on this car will get you 80 hp. Stage II is typically just a downpipe and better tune and is over 100 hp. Bad part...for the manual trans GTI, the stock clutch can't handle the mods for very long. So a new clutch is usually added after a while, at least.

Anyway, been nostalgic about the Si, even if I had a shitty experience w/ the mods I put on it. I still get pissed thinking about dealing with full race over their horribly droney exhaust. Glad I found someone that bought pretty much all my mods when I went back to stock.

1481 - 1498 of 1498 Posts