9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a question for you so my car has an electrical problem the battery keeps dying and honda and two other shops couldn't figure out whats wrong with it but honda said it might be the fuse box and it cost $800 for parts and labor..problem started when i installed an after market radio and honda said they did something wrong in the fuse box..do you guys think its the fuse box? Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's not the fuse box that they would replace.

Your car has a device called a "Driver's MICU" which is essentially a computer that controls the lights, climate control, and basically everything except the engine. It is built into the fuse block under the dash.

Yeah, I'd bet that you messed around and burned it up.

MICU: Multiplex Integrated Control Unit.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't know which model of Civic you have but the one for my 2012 Si is listed at $269.70.

The dealer manual says that the immobilizer is built into the MICU so the dealer will have to re-program your keys to the car after replacement.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Try removing the fuse called "back up" overnight and see if drain stops.

Did you only tap in for head unit memory lead to constant power ?......or other connections made ??

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had something similar happen to my Altima. I put in subs, amp, and a capacitor and my battery kept dying. The dealership replaced it 3 times for free. Finally they said it's probably the after market stuff. I removed everything and put it back to stock and sure enough that was the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig drain stopped when i removed the back up fuse for almost two days..honda said that its not the after market stereo because they disconnected the stereo but there still something draning the battery..they said there is probably shortage in the fuse box im not sure if its worth changing because they are not really sure if thats the problem

·
Registered
494 Posts
There is a long list of items (including the micu) on that fuse. Sorry I do not have manual for this gen.

Any other electrical items been added ??

·
Registered
545 Posts
Craig drain stopped when i removed the back up fuse for almost two days..honda said that its not the after market stereo because they disconnected the stereo but there still something draning the battery..they said there is probably shortage in the fuse box im not sure if its worth changing because they are not really sure if thats the problem
What is the year and trim level?

Also, What was the fuse number?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Dwils...you were on a frenzy...moving, merging and combining threads...all while eating your tuna sammich

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Hi guys i have a question for you so my car has an electrical problem the battery keeps dying and honda and two other shops couldn't figure out whats wrong with it but honda said it might be the fuse box and it cost $800 for parts and labor..problem started when i installed an after market radio and honda said they did something wrong in the fuse box..do you guys think its the fuse box? Thanks
Were wires cut, spliced or otherwise modified during the installation of the radio?
You need to go back to whom ever installed the problem... errrr radio and make them fix it.

·
Registered
Honda Civic 2014
11 Posts
Hey guys i'm also having a problem related to electrical. Civic 9th gen 2014
I check everything i could... every fuse... checked voltage drop... the only fuse which showed voltage drop is fuse 28 (Interior Lights) under the hood. If i pull that fuse, interior lights including trunk light shuts off... i tried tried all the lights by disconnecting them one by one... no change. Amperes remain 0.09A.... they only drop to 0.03A only if i pull the fuse 28 out.
I think security system is out of this because it works even if that fuse if pulled out. Plus due to security system, i get a fluctuation in current draw from 0.09-0.15A with 1 sec interval. And without fuse the current draw become 0.03-0.12A with one second internal which i guess is not tension.
But unfortunately i am unable to find out the culprit.
Also u able to find wiring diagram for fuse 28.
What things are related to fuse 28 ????
Any help will be much much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts