9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
Honestly. I wipe it down periodically with a spray wax/detailer called showroom shine. If there's a real nasty dirty spot. I spray hot rims wheel cleaner on it. Let it sit for about a minute. Then pressure wash it off.

Don't be afraid to spray water on the engine.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
The pink stuff! Yep, great product. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
South Florida is beautiful, but its really not as clean as you would think it to be. The two white cars I've owned down here tend to show dirt fairly quick.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
South Florida is beautiful, but its really not as clean as you would think it to be. The two white cars I've owned down here tend to show dirt fairly quick.
It's not dirt, it's cocaine dust floating around;)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Some good info in this thread, with exception to using compressed air to dry things. Always a bad idea when there are rubber seals in play.
Leaf blower is good idea.
But why not just close the hood and take a drive and let heat and evaporation do their thing?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Working at a dealer I've worked on soooo many vehicles due to issues resulting from people taking water to their engine bay.... Get ur alternator wet, water under your spark plug cover and into your spark plug tubes, onto a PCM connector with a slightly funky seal and you're in for a world of trouble.... Stay on top of keeping it clean. Use rags and a quick detail spray... No greasy residue to attract dust either... My engine bay looks new after 17k miles... My old so looked new with nearly 30,000 on it.. Polished up my AC lines n everything :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Working at a dealer I've worked on soooo many vehicles due to issues resulting from people taking water to their engine bay.... Get ur alternator wet, water under your spark plug cover and into your spark plug tubes, onto a PCM connector with a slightly funky seal and you're in for a world of trouble.... Stay on top of keeping it clean. Use rags and a quick detail spray... No greasy residue to attract dust either... My engine bay looks new after 17k miles... My old so looked new with nearly 30,000 on it.. Polished up my AC lines n everything :)
Amen to that!

The only time I do any cleaning under the bonnet is when work needs to be done.
I got spoiled leasing cars that included all service & maintenance, insurance too... I rarely raised the bonnet on them.
Sadly that is one perk of working at Honda that I miss, that and free gas in the test car.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Some good info in this thread, with exception to using compressed air to dry things. Always a bad idea when there are rubber seals in play.
Leaf blower is good idea.
But why not just close the hood and take a drive and let heat and evaporation do their thing?
Water spots.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
You guys must drive thru landfills!! In 34K miles all I've done is lightly and I mean lightly dust off the engine and it looks like new. Dixie must be clean.
Landfills and salt mines... After the winter the engine is practically white! Once the snow melts and they stop salting at night I need to get in there and get that stuff off.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,351 Posts
Ya, I didn't get to it this year, and I think my engine bay has paid the price, permanently.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dilute All Purpose cleaner and use Revive & Shine from Stayfreshcarcare.com

The Revive & Shine is cheaper and just like the adams in and out spray.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Anyone know what is good to use to clean a valve cover that has been spray painted with VHT wrinkled red?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts