9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Installed my buddy club downpipe last week before I got my flashpro. Had the defouler in, car ran smooth and pulled nice. Got my flashpro yesterday and loaded on the hondata reflash, as disappointingly there were no base maps for someone with just a downpipe. Anyways, today as I went WOT, the car seemed to hit what felt like a rev limiter at 7000 (It was a hesitation, and I obviously know this is not where the limiter is). Just to test the waters again, I did another WOT pull and the same thing happened only at 6000rpm. Now, I understand it is common for people's cars to run poorly after installing downpipes or intakes without a tune. However, my question is, has anyone experienced hesitations like this even when on the reflash? Is it just coincidence that my car started to act up now or may it be a result of the reflash? Thank you

·
Registered
376 Posts
buy a tune.

reflash is designed for a completely stock motor. it ran like shit with my buddy club too before i got it tuned. the reflash is absolute garbage anyways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buy a tune.

reflash is designed for a completely stock motor. it ran like shit with my buddy club too before i got it tuned. the reflash is absolute garbage anyways.
Thanks for the reply brother,

I agree. I will be getting vit tuned by the end of the week. The reflash didn't seem to do much at all honestly. Even rev hang hasn't been eliminated. Did your vit tune fix rev hang?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Thanks for the reply brother,

I agree. I will be getting vit tuned by the end of the week. The reflash didn't seem to do much at all honestly. Even rev hang hasn't been eliminated. Did your vit tune fix rev hang?
its not 100% gone but its waaay better. i can barely notice it. vit is a good choice, pretty much to go to tuner. you wont be disappointed!

·
Registered
376 Posts
and ill say this. the initial base map that vit is going to send you, the car will run and respond better than the reflash lol.

dont go crazy on it. no WOT or vtec or anything, vit will tell you. but just normal driving around town for the datalog the car will already drive better than it would with the reflash. vits finish work is amazing. i flashed back to stock and took my car for a spin, then reflashed vits finished tune, the difference is huge.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and ill say this. the initial base map that vit is going to send you, the car will run and respond better than the reflash lol.

dont go crazy on it. no WOT or vtec or anything, vit will tell you. but just normal driving around town for the datalog the car will already drive better than it would with the reflash. vits finish work is amazing. i flashed back to stock and took my car for a spin, then reflashed vits finished tune, the difference is huge.
I appreciate it! Thanks a lot, can't wait

1 - 6 of 6 Posts