9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Any idea if the TL button will fit? The s2000 button is a little dated looking and for 100+ the ILX isnt cheap. The TL is around 60 if it would fit.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1379388472.998309.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but this would still require our keys to start the ignition right? It would go key into ignition > button > then engine start?

Also, this doesn't come with the panel huh? We would need to DIY our own?

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but this would still require our keys to start the ignition right? It would go key into ignition > button > then engine start?

Also, this doesn't come with the panel huh? We would need to DIY our own?

i think you misread the thread.... we are not selling the button itself... we are selling only the panel

this panel is a factory honda civic type-s lower tier gauge surround, which comes with a engine start slot.

we import this because many people wants engine start, but they all want factory look.

buttons are cheap, you can find them on ebay for $20 or you can use stock s2000 for $55

and there is several DIY on how to hook up s2000 engine start button to other honda cars. making this mod fairly simple & straight forward.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What exacrly do we need from thr ilx to make it all work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

the truth is, ebay kit is the best solution..

ENGINE START BUTTON KIT
PUT YOUR KEY IN THE IGNITION. TURN TO IGNITION 'ON' AND PUSH THAT BUTTON AND START YOUR ENGINE!

THE KIT CONSISTS OF
1x ENGINE START BUTTON.
1x WIRING HARNESS COMPLETE WITH RELAY (YOU ONLY NEED TO CONNECT 3 WIRES)
1x UNIVERSAL FITTING INSTRUCTIONS WITH SPECIFIC WIRE COLOUR INFO RELATED TO THE CAR MAKE MODEL YEAR MENTIONED IN THE TITLE.

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey guys i was just wondering, if you still have to take your key out of your pocket and insert your key and turn it in order to push the button, what would be the pro of using push start button?

wouldn't it require more work?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
it just looks more sweet, im sure you can wire up and order a key fob to make it all work like any other acura, just need the time and money, which im debating to do

·
Registered
716 Posts
it just looks more sweet, im sure you can wire up and order a key fob to make it all work like any other acura, just need the time and money, which im debating to do
Likewise. It would be nice to have true push button functionality at some point down the road.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
716 Posts
Will it fit 2013 si yet? Any update?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My guess, no. Check out these two diagrams. My typical go to to check parts is the honda diagrams.

2013 dash, part 2
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1379809322.647979.jpg

2012 dash, part 10
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1379809334.765212.jpg

It looks doable but you'd have to change a lot if the dash not just one piece.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
no, everyone wants different engine start button, we just supply the panel for factory fitment.

you buy your own button that suits your taste (facotry style, colors or el/led's) & budget ($15~150).

21 - 40 of 86 Posts