9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm building my civic 2015 touring it's basic version automatic. I was thinking if it's a good idea to swap my engine with 2015 SI sedan or just do the transmission change from auto to manual?

Has anybody done this before pls guide on your experience this will be my first time.

Thanks much!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Easiest way is the sell your car, and buy the si. Too much work and money to do the swap. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I think there's another guy that talked about this swap not too long ago. Buying the motor, wiring, axles, all the other stuff that goes with it plus the time to do the swap, it doesn't make sense financially. Sell your car, buy an si.

As for switching the transmission, why not sell your car and get another basic civic with a manual? The money spent on getting the parts and custom fab will probably cost more than the difference between selling the car and buying a manual.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,467 Posts
Forty years from now, when these cars have the historical panache of, say, a VW Beetle, and there aren't many left, these types of mods may seem more desireable/necessary. But then again, maybe they won't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts