9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Engine won't rev past 4000 RPM

13K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JordanV 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Civic Coupe and a week ago I installed a HPS Short Ram Intake with a friend. (I don't know much about car internals). Car works fine while driving and sounds nice. When I am in neutral or park though, engine won't rev past 4,000 RPM. When I drive, this does not happen.

Here are pictures of the intake installed. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

Could this piece against the filter cause this problem? It looks like it is from the old intake Auto part Suspension part

Thanks!

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·
i'm pretty sure my Si does the exact same things and it's stock.... and it's a stock function....... to no over-rev while in neutral.................have you tried revving in neutral before your mods?

Reactions: kc_red
#3 · (Edited)
It's the stock "launch control/rev limiter". Nothing wrong with your car; my car was like that stock too.

If you plan on flashing, you can set the limiter anywhere for "launch control".

Reactions: scottyrocks
#4 ·
My Si originally rev'd to 5k. After FlashPro it now revs to 3k to prevent wheel spin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.