Votes: 4 33.3%
  • XXR 531

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some rims on my TW FB6, I have narrowed it down to three rims. I am open to other options. I would like to lower the car on some Buddy Club/D2/Tein Coilovers soon.

I am looking at:
Enkei RPF1 in 17x9: http://www.enkei.com/images/race-series/rpf1-large.jpg (All colors look great thoughts if you choose this one?)
ESM 002R in 17x8.5 +20: http://esmwheels.com/access/images/big1.jpg or http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server4..._002R_16x9_MB__15682.1359413870.1280.1280.jpg
XXR 531 in 17x8 or 17x9: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn...4/v/vspfiles/photos/53168080-2.jpg?1344351203 or http://www.odv2.com/catalog/images//xxr_wheels/XXR-531-Black.jpg

I am also thinking of a 205 or 215 Tire Size for a bit of stretch but nothing crazy. I dont want to loose a tire or have to go slow around corners. Nor do I want my MPH to be off when driving, unless I can get it re-calibrated once wheels are on from some sort of shop. Just want my ride to be drive-able and nimble as the Si was meant to be driven all while having a wider rim.

Here is my car for reference:

IMG_9757 by Daniel Michael, on Flickr

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
can't go wrong with either 3.

·
Registered
238 Posts
enkei because they weigh less. Also, i wouldn't put 215s on 17x9. Too discomforting for my taste and i definitely wouldn't go go 205s on 17x9. Less tire on the wheel makes you more vulnerable to damaging them. Enkei 17x8 and slap on the 215s

Reactions: Trueant1

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am leaning towards ENKEI as well at this very moment. But they seem to be the most over played rim on the Civic, just like the ESM/BBS rims are on a VW Golf.

Anyone else would like to chime in on what rims I should get? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
238 Posts
if you want wheels that are NOT "over played," then you're going to have to spend some $$$. Enkei is used a lot because it's probably the best deal you can get for its weight. Otherwise, you're looking at volk/gram lights. The handling of an SI is pretty good and with lighter rims, it'll make it even better.

You'll stand out from the other civics with volk wheels but again, that will depend on your budget.

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, I think I will stick with Enkei then as on the forum I wont stick out but on the road I will as I've only seen one 8th Gen Si with those Enkeis.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Can you post pics once you get on? I am in market for 17x8 or 8.5

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can do.

Im leaning towards 17x8/8.5/9

Just not sure if 17x9 will work all around front and rears or if I need less wide rims on the front 2 rims?

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm, about to pull the trigger on the RPF1 (SBC color) in 17x8 using my stock tires for now.

17 Enkei RPF1 SBC Rims Wheels 17x8 35 5x114 3 Civic RSX TSX TL Eclipse Lancer | eBay

Is there a better deal in +35 offset somewhere? Also should I get 17x8 all around or 17x8 in the front and 17x9 in the rear or just 17x9 all around?
I do not have coilovers yet, but they will be next on my list. Will 17x9 look to "mexiflush" on stock height?

·
Registered
238 Posts
stay with 17x8. less stretch on the tires for more comfort. don't go staggered. there's no need for that.

try craigslist if you want a better deal

·
Registered
163 Posts
im running those ems wheels 17x8.5 +20 on a 215 and I still rub in the rear with fender work. But I need to dial in more camber. Just shows you how aggressive even this setup is.

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang, for now I will be at stock height but with a 17x8 it wont look all weird, only weird in the sense it isnt lowered yet but no extra wide rims poking out. I will be 17x8 +35 on my stock 215/45/R17 tires.

Also can anyone recommend me some lug nuts that fit aftermarket rims? I know only certain ones fit stock rims and other types fit aftermarket rims. I'm looking for them to be red (preferably a red to match the Honda emblems.

I would want the Project Ric 40 Neo Chrome lug nuts but they are 285$ shipped and I dont want to spend a little over 1,600$ on some enkeis and some lugnuts that cost more than 1 rim (eventually i will get those lugnuts).

also not sure if i should get SBC color for 1,400$ OR Silver or Black for 1,000$ and when Im bored of that color powdercoat the rims so it might equal out to the same price as the SBCs (if I get SBC i wont powdercoat as it costs more for SBC already +100$ per rim)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
u can go cheap and go with red muteki or blox lugs and find a separate set of wheel locks...

the project kics are expensive but they come with a matching set of wheel locks.

·
ROTM February 2014/15
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does one make it harder to steal that the other? (Project Kic OR Blox/Muteki)?

Also if I go the Muteki route, how can I go about getting Red Wheel Lock to match? I just dont want to ride around with 4 red nuts and 1 silver lock.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Does one make it harder to steal that the other? (Project Kic OR Blox/Muteki)?

Also if I go the Muteki route, how can I go about getting Red Wheel Lock to match? I just dont want to ride around with 4 red nuts and 1 silver lock.
harder to steal? Can't answer that...It just really depends on the design and quality.

Muteki came out with red wheel locks...So I guess you can buy the red lugs and wheel locks..
Muteki SR48 4 Wheels Lock Lug Nuts Set 12x1 5 1 5 Acorn Rims Open End Red U | eBay

Or J's Racing...but the red color will be different.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/m...de=EM&Product_Code=JS-AWL-RD&Category_Code=L1

·
Registered
238 Posts
If someone really wanted to steal your car, rims, or whatever, they will do it. But yeah, project kics can possibly give them a tougher time. As long as you don't get cheap ones. Don't get so hung up on the colors. As long as your wheel lock(s) aren't cheap. The main priority is to protect your aftermarket wheels

·
Registered
9 Posts
KYO-EI Industries Black Lug Set 31mm 12X1.50mm Made In Japan FREE SHIPPING

I got these lug nuts + the bull locks. They're made by the same company that makes project kicks according to descriptions. They are steels lugs so they'll be a bit more durable (impact guns wont hurt 'em) but heavier. I chose these because the bull locks has a few dozen spline patterns which will give you better protection against crack-head wheel thieves and those who are semi-prepared with generic spline socket adapters. You can order 2 sets of locks with 2 different keys if you really wanna give would be thieves a hard time lol. Greddy also makes open ended spline wheel locks with a slightly different spline pattern usually used by everyone else (muteki etc).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts