9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I saw the '13's have a trunk liner! I wonder if we can get one of these for our '12's. I have a coupe. I was wondering if they serve a functional purpose for audio distortion from our radios and sound absorption from the outside?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw the '13's have a trunk liner! I wonder if we can get one of these for our '12's. I have a coupe. I was wondering if they serve a functional purpose for audio distortion from our radios and sound absorption from the outside?
I don't know how much it effects the audio, but I know it helps with road noise and just makes it look better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
It won't help as far as sound quality in cab its merely to dampen road noise coming from the back for rear passengers,however it would add a cleaner look,now my only concern since I haven't looked into it is the mounting points since it wasn't available for pur 12s I'm wondering if you would have to drill holes,if that's the case ill pass because chances are after drilling the holes and buying the liner I don't think I may be worth it since the road noise would only be dropped by possibly 1 to 2 db for the passengers and I could careless for them.at least my communing passengers the only other person that sits back there is my baby and he falls asleep everytime so I think the road noise puts him to sleep LOL

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thanks Johhny & Eff.

I wonder if it would help to lessen the cabin noise that was increased by my performance exhaust? What do you think I could do to decrease the cabin noise without adding too much weight? It would be defeat the purpose of the performance exhaust if I added all kinds of dampening because of the added weight. I know 3M makes a rubberized undercoating that says it dampens noise.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think it would be quite easy to drill the holes where the clips go in for the trunk liner. It definitely looks nicer, classier & cleaner.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Thanks Johhny & Eff.

I wonder if it would help to lessen the cabin noise that was increased by my performance exhaust? What do you think I could do to decrease the cabin noise without adding too much weight? It would be defeat the purpose of the performance exhaust if I added all kinds of dampening because of the added weight. I know 3M makes a rubberized undercoating that says it dampens noise.
Any good under coating will help not just 3m but key is to do from half your car back and doing the fender wells helps if you give me about a week ill be doing mine ill post pix and all

And that's what I dont want to drill any holes.although yes it does look much nicer tho can't argue there

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Any good under coating will help not just 3m but key is to do from half your car back and doing the fender wells helps if you give me about a week ill be doing mine ill post pix and all

And that's what I dont want to drill any holes.although yes it does look much nicer tho can't argue there

Any other quality spray undercoatings you guys know of?

Do the car halfway back - from the inside or from the underside?

Cool, please post pics, Eff.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Excellent, thanks. Will do.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts