9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you know we’re to get an etune or edyno? Not sure if thst will work lol! But ok.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Does IMW lock their tunes?
I believe they were the ones that remote desktop tuned my car on Dynosty's Dyno.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does IMW lock their tunes?
I believe they were the ones that remote desktop tuned my car on Dynosty's Dyno.
I believe Derek does lock his tune, but I can't confirm as I never tried to get into it after the tune.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I believe Derek does lock his tune, but I can't confirm as I never tried to get into it after the tune.
I see 15 PSI now. Are you still stock bottom end? E85? Trying to find a target for boost for this year. Seen quiet a few people pushing well past 12 PSI lately on stock internals, and I'm getting jealous.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I see 15 PSI now. Are you still stock bottom end? E85? Trying to find a target for boost for this year. Seen quiet a few people pushing well past 12 PSI lately on stock internals, and I'm getting jealous.
haha, yea...... got it retuned last week. Yup, motor is stock and still on 93. Only thing I upgraded this go around was the fuel system. I'm at 60% duty cycle on 1000cc injectors. Derek did tell me that I can switch to an e85 blend if I wanted to now. Car runs awesome, smooth as butter. I did talk to MercRacing about sending me another pulley to up the boost again. So, I might change it here shortly to get it retuned again, lol. I'm just really worried about the transmission giving out tho.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you can avoid mashing the gas in 4th, you'll be fine youll be fine for awhile. I still had hit it on stock gears on occasion, but avoided it for the most part.
I've seen on YouTube someone going as far as 17PSI, but unsure of fuel they used.
What do you think the limit is as far as boost pressure on stock rods/pistons? All I had read before was leading me to believe the limit is ~14PSI. There was a guy that pushed his beyond 13.5 and immediately lost a piston on this forum, but may have been his tune.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you can avoid mashing the gas in 4th, you'll be fine youll be fine for awhile. I still had hit it on stock gears on occasion, but avoided it for the most part.
I've seen on YouTube someone going as far as 17PSI, but unsure of fuel they used.
What do you think the limit is as far as boost pressure on stock rods/pistons? All I had read before was leading me to believe the limit is ~14PSI. There was a guy that pushed his beyond 13.5 and immediately lost a piston on this forum, but may have been his tune.
Yea, lol..... and that's my issue. I'm always getting on it till 5th gear, haha. If I do upgrade the pulley again, I'll try not to get on it as much in 4th.

As for psi, I don't think that really matters. What I mean is this......... if I had a smaller blower, and ran 350whp/300wtq @25psi, I don't think it's really much of a difference if i'm pushing 350whp/300wtq @15psi on a bigger blower. I think it comes down to bottom line tq ratings and where in the rpm range the max tq is coming in at. I've seen stock motor handle above 450whp and 350wtq for a good period of time. It's a fine line. This is why I'm gradually upping the boost until it blows as I plan on rebuilding the motor in the future.

·
Registered
2012 Civic Si Sedan
2 Posts
I just uploaded a base map from E-Tunez tonight and it feels pretty good. I noticed the car moved off the line quicker almost immediately when leaving my drive way. Plus they're super fast with all of their replies and they actually listen to and answer all of your questions and concerns.

·
Registered
256 Posts
15WhiteSi - are those your current hp tq #s?
384/312 sounds pretty fun.
Yes, those are current numbers. I got a smaller pulley for my supercharger, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be installing it and getting it retuned before I rebuild the transmission or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts