9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of guys had questions about this from another thread so here are pics taken from under the car. Hopefully this will save some time if you want to do this mod.
First, cut off the up/down bend in the pipe that exits the muffler. Leave the straight section that comes rearward from the muffler, you'll need that.
You will notice that for your tip to be up close to the underside of the bumper (looks better there IMO) you will have to cut away some of the plastic, see pic. I had laying around a 2 1/2 inch piece of exhaust pipe that I cut to a length of 7". Bolt or screw that to the straight section from the muffler. Then you can attach the oval tip (Advance Auto) to the 2 1/2" piece, it just slides right on and you can adjust how much you want it to stick out. The oval piece measures 3 1/2 by 2 3/4. That's it! 000_0320.jpg 000_0319.jpg 000_0323.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI the underside of the bumper looks terrible in the one pic but from behind you can 't see a thing.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
How did you make that black section so clean

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, there is a subtle body line there, a crease in the lower bumper that goes left to right. Use a good masking tape, 3M's green masking tape is the best and is made to follow curves. I sanded the white lower part before painting with some 320 grit, then used a flat black spray bomb, maybe three coats.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Destroy a bumper? How so? Nine square inches of plastic removed for an exhaust cutout is minor if you ask me. I need to trim up the cut edges but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Regardless cannot be seen from above at all. How's the rear of your car looking Steve? Stock and dull I would imagine.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wasn't talking about the paint although chances are that won't look great in a year or two either, I was talking about the mangled mess of a hole, I can understand doing it but if I didn't have the tools to do it properly I wouldn't have bothered at all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The paint can be re done in about fifteen minutes, a simple job. I will trim up and smooth the edges of the plastic when I get to it.
Since it is out of sight it is not a priority.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I'm probably gonna do something like that, but with plastidip just in case

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rough edges filed straight and smooth today, almost looks stock under there now......

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm probably gonna do something like that, but with plastidip just in case

Yup that's why I went with plasti dip it's been on for about a month and it looks good and no sanding and I can always go back to stock :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Better solution from eBay. Sold overseas. Took 3 weeks to arrive to me in the US. Completely erases the though of having to cut your bumper and eliminates the need to cut anything off the OEM pipe. As you can see in the pic, the down part of the pipe remains the same and the straight part comes out perfect flush with the bumper. Pics of it installed coming soon.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Better solution from eBay. Sold overseas. Took 3 weeks to arrive to me in the US. Completely erases the though of having to cut your bumper and eliminates the need to cut anything off the OEM pipe. As you can see in the pic, the down part of the pipe remains the same and the straight part comes out perfect flush with the bumper. Pics of it installed coming soon.

I was looking on that tip some weeks ago. Please post pics!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here is my DC Sport exhaust tip. Looks pretty decent and better than stock.
IMG_20140916_215441655.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts