9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran Alpine's PXE unit today for amp. I found out that the frequency response (from AntEQ result) of the head unit is not too good. There's a boost at 80Hz, crosses 0 at 60Hz and going down sharply. There's a boost at 850, then a dip around 1.5k and then a boost around 3k then it gradually roll off. I don't think connecting the head unit directly to any amp will sound good though. What opinions do you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also run into another problem that, the beep that sounds when I hold the > button also being amplified.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is so true when it comes to the Hondas factory radio.. It is designed to roll off the frequencies at the mid to lower end, as the volume increases, this way its impossible to blow up the door speakers, so that works well for the Honda warranty, but sucks for the overall sound quality of the factory stereo. The only way to properly use the factory stereo, and amplify it , is to use a sound processor at the radios speaker outputs, and than amplify out from the sound processor.. What this unit does is to flatten out the frequency response at a predetermined level, so as to give it an aftermarket stereo sound. Just amplifying the factory radio with an amplifier, will just sound like crap when it comes to the Honda radio. I am in the process of doing this with my Honda using a sound processor. There are many out there to choose from, just google it for more information regarding its application.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have it connected to a PXE-H650 left over from my old car. I like the time correction but the MultEQ makes the music sounds like coming from a cave. The most annoying thing is the beep (when pressing steering wheel buttons) that sounds so loud when I turn the gain up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts