9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm sorry if this has already been asked I searched and couldn't find anything. So I have a '13 Si and when it was new I put a Skunk2 cat back on. Now 6 years later I just failed my inspection due to an exhaust leak on both sides of my resonator. Long story short I need to replace the gaskets but due to 6 years of heating up, cooling down, and rusting I can't get the bolts out. I have sprayed a can of WD40 on the bolts over the course of a week and have made no progress as to removing them. Does anyone have any other ideas how to get these out? I have limited access to good tools at this moment due to me being stationed away from my house. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah they’re probably seized on there pretty good. You’re going to need to torch those bolts cherry red or get an angle grinder to cut them off and get new exhaust bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,143 Posts
While WD-40 is great for many things, it is not the best for freeing rusted parts. Try a dedicated penetrant, instead. Some brands to consider are Liquid Wrench (good), PB Blaster (better) or Kroil (best of these three).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Got off work today hit up Autozone and of course they didn't have any Kroil they did have PB Blaster and that along with 4 hours of twisting turning and cussing all 4 bolts are out and only 2 are completely unusable. I'm going to replace them all just kinda thought that was a miracle. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,143 Posts
UPDATE: Got off work today hit up Autozone and of course they didn't have any Kroil they did have PB Blaster and that along with 4 hours of twisting turning and cussing all 4 bolts are out and only 2 are completely unusable. I'm going to replace them all just kinda thought that was a miracle. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.
Usable or not, at least you got them out. :pianodance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts