9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked or answered before. I did do a few searches but did not come up with anything definitive.

I've had my 2014 Si Sedan for about 4 years and have become pretty complacent/comfortable with the sound i've been able to get out of the factory audio system. Yesterday however the bass level suddenly dropped about to about 50%-75% of it's usual power. It was fine in the morning but on the drive home I immediately noticed a drop in the bass/lows. After spending about 15 minutes at home to check that the settings on my phone and the head unit had not changed, i set the fade to only the rear speakers and turned the volume up to 15. Their was very low volume coming out of the back of the car even though all 3 drivers appeared to be working. If I turned the volume up higher(low 20s) I could start to feel the subwoofer do its thing while the engine was not running but it was completely drowned out while driving. The front speakers + tweeters still appear to be working 100%.

So my question is has anyone experienced this before and/or know of a component that would be more likely to fail over another? Such as something in the factory amp, a loose connection, blown fuse or bad wire? The audio system has never been modified and has worked perfectly up until yesterday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going through the same with my 2012 SI. The tweeters, door panels, and bass still works. I took a multimeter to the rears and they show resistance. For giggles I disconnected the harness from the right rear speaker and did the 9-volt battery trick to make sure the speaker coil was still fine, and she responded appropriately with a thump. I'm only aware of one fuse that drives the audio in the interior fuse box, #40 if I'm not mistaken, and that's fine. At this point I'm assuming something with the factory amp gave up the ghost. Also the fade was checked multiple times.

Right now I'm researching new receivers, amp, and speakers. Need to let the wallet recover some first though since I just put on new winters & new rims.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts