9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Im just curious why people buy an Ex, Lx, ect. and blow money to make it look like a Si? After you buy the grill and all the other componets for a few hundreds dollars more you could have gotten a real one. Are Si's not readily avalible or that rare that you have to settle for something that isnt the real deal. Either way I dont care and Im not trying to be an ass, Im just curious if Si's are THAT rare. Civics for life no matter what breed they are.:eusa_dance:

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
reason #1 some people just can't drive stick
reason #2 special lease offer for lx from honda
reason #3 $4500 difference (lx to an si) is alot of money, grill is what, $200 ?? take off set of si stock is $700-1200 ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i didnt get the si because my dealer said something about the tsunami's stopping shipping to my area so noone in tampa bay had em. so i went with a 5 speed LX and i am slowly moving towards an si with upgrades.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all good, I was just wondering. I didnt mean to piss anyone off. Im sure there are a lot of valid reasons, I was just more curious if the Si was harder to find. I didnt mean to step on any toes. They're all Hondas so as far as im concerned they're all the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guy, i am freak'n loving the fact that i have had my 2012 civic Si coupe (black) for 4 months.. my job requires my to drive all over louisiana and have only seen 3 other 2012 Si's, but they were sedans... man i love that im driving something rare .. when i see a mustang or something i just want to puke .. haha.. and by the way .. i did have to order my car through honda...color and all .. you will not just walk on the lot and see one.. if you do .. lucky you.. it wont be there long.. peace bro

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Fake si's ha lmao

FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's messed up.
Idk but I love my ex-L
Heated seats, leather
I'm not doing anything major
My last car was manual but ehh I just went auto
I'm not looking to race. But that's just me

FB2 squad #17

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
They are pretty rare. Until recently there were very few sitting on any dealers lots for various reasons. New model, limited production model, parts issues related to the tsunami/earthquake in Japan etc.

It has been the trend to mod any and all versions of the Civic since the late 80s and I expect it to continue.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They are pretty rare. Until recently there were very few sitting on any dealers lots for various reasons. New model, limited production model, parts issues related to the tsunami/earthquake in Japan etc.

It has been the trend to mod any and all versions of the Civic since the late 80s and I expect it to continue.
People just wanna make there car look good
Sometimes they go overboard tho lol

FB2 squad #17

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Oh yeah I think we have all seen that. I just smile and admire the enthusiasm when a tricked out base model rolls by.

Custom baby!
modified-honda-crx.jpg

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Parts are pretty sparse so far but in time the aftermarket parts will show up.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh yeah I think we have all seen that. I just smile and admire the enthusiasm when a tricked out base model rolls by.

Custom baby!
View attachment 7206

Reactions: lfreday39x

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
you know what's more rare ?? a civic dx..... there are more civic si's than dx...

no a/c, no stereo, no power door lock, no power mirror, no new car smell.... lol....

i don't even think dx comes with front sway bar !

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
reason #1 some people just can't drive stick
reason #2 special lease offer for lx from honda
reason #3 $4500 difference (lx to an si) is alot of money, grill is what, $200 ?? take off set of si stock is $700-1200 ?
:yeahthat:

When I was in the market for a new car last year this time there were no Si's anywhere near here, so I settled for a LX and I'm just as happy as I would be with a Si. I don't see the problem with putting the Si grille or any other parts, however when people start putting "Si" and "DOHC" badges and decals on their R18 it's gone too far.

·
Registered
70 Posts
you know what's more rare ?? a civic dx..... there are more civic si's than dx...

no a/c, no stereo, no power door lock, no power mirror, no new car smell.... lol....

i don't even think dx comes with front sway bar !

Do these 2012 car's REALLY not come with A/C?? That just amazes me!

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
709 Posts
I love my 42 MPG for now. I'm loving the automatic. I've been driving stick all my life. My brother is trying convince me to go turbo with my R18 just like what we did with his 2006 Civic. It looks weird having turbo on automatic. And I think I'm done with that. Too expensive too. By the way if you are near Reno and wanna drive your car really fast go Reno Fernley Raceway. If you drive motocross there's one in Sparks.

Exxxtreme ?
(R18 #1971) (FB2 #88)

·
Registered
108 Posts
1. They may not require the performance of an Si, or the slightly harsher but sportier suspension.
2. They may thus prefer the better fuel efficiency of the R18.
3. They may not want to pay the extra in insurance charges that go with the Si.
4. Cosmetic upgrades will still be cheaper than purchasing an Si outright.
5. All of the above and they prefer how the Si looks.

For me, I just took an LX and slapped on 18" wheels. I'd love fog lights but I can do without. The insurance would've been painful with an Si and the manual transmission on an LX is enough fun for my regular drives.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.