9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup.

I changed my rear turn signals to some amber colored CREE LEDs and now both the rear and the front flash faster... they all work, no error messages, but they're just really fast.

Any way to fix that or is this the price we pay for LEDs?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Low beams: Nokya Arctic White 7000k S2
High beams: Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500k S1
Fog lights: Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500k S1

Reverse: 5w CREE LED White
Rear Turn Signals: 5w CREE LED Yellow

All others OEM except interior and license plate are LED.

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
must be your first time using led turn signals..you need resistors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does anyone make turn signal LEDs with resistors built in to the bulb? I don't want to cut or mess with the cars wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Does anyone make turn signal LEDs with resistors built in to the bulb? I don't want to cut or mess with the cars wiring harness.
There are, but I'm not sure of who. Or at least that was what the DDM Tuning guy was saying to another customer. I swapped out the reverse and turn signals on my Fit and just jammed the positive and negative wire from the resistor into their respective places in the wiring harness plug near the bulb then zip-tied them in place. No splicing or hacking the stock wires and easily removed when I wreck my Fit!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So which resistors are recommended?

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
434 Posts
Anyone know where the flasher relay is located on the 2012 or 2013 civic sedan?

I tried to locate it by the ticking noise but it seem to becoming from an audible indicator inside the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
434 Posts
So which resistors are recommended?

Sent from my MB865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Each LED turn signal bulb will need one 50w 6ohm load resistor. If you are planning to install all four LED turn signal (front and rear), you can get the 50w 3ohm load resistors which only need to install to the front left/right or rear left/right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts