9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys I have a 2014 si with FBO rbc manifold swap zdx tb, rdx injectors, full exhaust with down pipe. The car is dyno tuned but I wasn't to happy with the numbers I got back. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what else I can do to make more power without going turbo or supercharged. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nitrous, rebuild the shortblock and port the heads, or do a k20 head swap.

Forgot to add, swap out your oil pump to a type s one. You'll gain a few hp.

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nitrous, rebuild the shortblock and port the heads, or do a k20 head swap.

Forgot to add, swap out your oil pump to a type s one. You'll gain a few hp.
I was also considering doing a k20z3 head swap, was just searching on what changes are gonna need to be made

·
Registered
788 Posts
full p&p to the intake manifold, lighter pulleys and E85 is about what you can do to it. Swapping out the head can get pricey so definitely research on cost to donthe swap with oarts and kabor if you have someone do the work vs going with a makspeed turbo kit or a mercracing supercharger kit. Really how much power are you wanting? If youre looking for 350whp and higher than most cost effective would be FI

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
full p&p to the intake manifold, lighter pulleys and E85 is about what you can do to it. Swapping out the head can get pricey so definitel research on cost to donthe swap with oarts and kabor if you have someone do the work vs going with a makspeed turbo kit or a mercracing supercharger kit. Really how much power are you wanting? If youre looking for 350whp and higher than most cost effective would be FI

oh alright thanls deff over the winter gonna take the manifold for P&P .. I wanna make about 260 n/a for now I do eventually wanna supercharge the car

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nitrous for now? Bound to be the cheapest option.
Remember, all dynos read different. Best to focus on your gain rather than HP number.

·
Registered
485 Posts
oh alright thanls deff over the winter gonna take the manifold for P&P .. I wanna make about 260 n/a for now I do eventually wanna supercharge the car
what numbers did you get on the dyno? If you plan on supercharging, I would just wait on that.

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhh 204/164 something like that the car stock makes 205 to the crank so I wasnt to pleased with those numbers car runs strong for sure but I want more lol

·
Registered
632 Posts
Uhh 204/164 something like that the car stock makes 205 to the crank so I wasnt to pleased with those numbers car runs strong for sure but I want more lol
What was your baseline numbers?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Were you on a mustang dyno? 260whp NA isnt possible on our cars without swapping the head and building the head. Dyno numbers are suggestive. Real test is how it performs on the track and against cars that would typically be out of the cars reach stock.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yea, also...... if you want faster acceleration, you can always upgrade to shorter gearing or changing the FD.

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Were you on a mustang dyno? 260whp NA isnt possible on our cars without swapping the head and building the head. Dyno numbers are suggestive. Real test is how it performs on the track and against cars that would typically be out of the cars reach stock.
Ironically yes I was on a mustang dyno lol I have yet to test the car against another car besides an 8th gen si

·
Registered
193 Posts
You're tumbling down the rabbit hole awfully quickly, I see.
First - don't get hung up on dyno numbers. Any dyno operator worth his salt can get the dyno to spit out whatever numbers he/she wants. A dyno is a tuning tool first and foremost.
Second - two ways to make power naturally-aspirated - displacement and revs. Basically, it comes down to airflow and fuel. More air combined with more fuel = more power. We are very limited by displacement, so you have to make it up with revs. But you need a cylinder head that can flow lots of air at high revs, and the stock cylinder head isn't great for that. So you're looking at serious engine work. 260-ish WHP is about the limit for a streetable setup. You can get more, but the car becomes more tempermental and maintenance intensive.
Just save up for a blower (turbocharger or supercharger; I don't care) and a great person to tune it. Otherwise you're just wasting your time and money.

·
Registered
485 Posts
First - don't get hung up on dyno numbers. Any dyno operator worth his salt can get the dyno to spit out whatever numbers he/she wants. A dyno is a tuning tool first and foremost.
Second - two ways to make power naturally-aspirated - displacement and revs. Basically, it comes down to airflow and fuel. More air combined with more fuel = more power. We are very limited by displacement, so you have to make it up with revs. But you need a cylinder head that can flow lots of air at high revs, and the stock cylinder head isn't great for that. So you're looking at serious engine work. 260-ish WHP is about the limit for a streetable setup. You can get more, but the car becomes more tempermental and maintenance intensive.
Just save up for a blower (turbocharger or supercharger; I don't care) and a great person to tune it. Otherwise you're just wasting your time and money.
agreed

·
Registered
2014 Civic Si
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot appreciate it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts