9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is standard for hybrid 2013 and cannot be upgrade or an option for other models or even 2013?

add-on?

:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
10 Posts
As far as I can tell, these are standard features across all 2013 Hybrid trim levels. They are not, however, options on any other Civic. I would imagine the retrofit would be pretty expensive if possible at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LDW doesn't really work. I deliberately moved out of my lane on some clearly marked roads under decent lighting conditions without using my blinker, but LDW only came on sometimes. Even in nearly the same exact spot when I went back to it a few minutes later might not set LDW off. Other times, when I didn't really leave my lane, LDW came on. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, it seems like only the Hybrid have these options - not available on the normal Civics, but they do come standard on all Civic Hybrids.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
LDW doesn't really work. I deliberately moved out of my lane on some clearly marked roads under decent lighting conditions without using my blinker, but LDW only came on sometimes. Even in nearly the same exact spot when I went back to it a few minutes later might not set LDW off. Other times, when I didn't really leave my lane, LDW came on. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, it seems like only the Hybrid have these options - not available on the normal Civics, but they do come standard on all Civic Hybrids.
I would take it back to the dealer and have them see what's up. I have a 2013 Accord and the LDW definitely works great. I don't use it but when my girlfriend is driving I make her turn it on lol. As for the FCW, again it's solid. It doesn't like my spirited driving but at least I know it works.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find that LDW works better when the lines are solid white rather than dotted white. Also works far better on highway than local roads. Local roads is hit or miss. Any way for us to turn up the volume of these alerts for both LDW and FCW? With my music on volume setting 10, I can barely hear the LDW/FCW. Also anyway to change sensitivity for LDW/FCW? I find that when FCW comes on, I am FAR too close to the car in front. Would prefer to have an extra second or two of reaction time to avoid a crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts