9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car, a 2012 civic LX from Honda of Kenosha as a family car (Wife, 3 year old, 7 month old, and me) and it has been very nice. We test drove the chevy cruze eco, ford focus, and buick enclave and settled on the civic. Its standard features are much better than the other cars we looked at and it was less. We love the car and the whole buying experience will have us buying only Hondas from now on.

Sent from my SCH-R880 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can't beat em for bang for the buck that's for sure. I looked at similar cars myself, the only cars that had more options for the same or less money was the Kia and the Hyundai.. But screw Kias and Hyundais.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't beat em for bang for the buck that's for sure. I looked at similar cars myself, the only cars that had more options for the same or less money was the Kia and the Hyundai.. But screw Kias and Hyundais.
Ya... don't mind kia as much as hyundai but hmmm... honda-tried and true with everything they make from cars to bikes and everything in between, or the 2 "whatevers" of the car world. Haha. And for the hardcore made in america people... its made in america.

Sent from my SCH-R880 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
congrats welcome to the forum

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome. I'm in a similar boat. My Si coupe is my first Honda. Over the years everything I've bought has been GM, Ford, a few Chrysler/Jeeps. The only Japanese cars I've owned were my 1991 Toyota 4x4 pickup and a 2000 Corolla (which I HATED and only drove for a few months before trading in). I've been lucky because every vehicle I've ever owned has been terrific and trouble-free, so I have high expectations for this Honda, based on it's reputation.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
congrats on the new ride...glad your enjoying it

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've owned nothing but Honda for the past 10 years.

·
Registered
249 Posts
congrats on the new Civic.. i am the same, it is my first Honda as well.. my roomate has been driving them for years and i kept having brand new jeep wranglers (I love the convertible) but the jeeps kept breaking all the time and I didnt even drive hard or go wheeling... now ive gotten a taste of 40+ MPG.. and even though ive got some A/C issues with my civic my dealer customer service is great.. they are working with me to get the issue resolved.. broken cars are one thing but good customer service goes a LONG way to making it better!!.. and honda has my vote in that area...

of course it could be that my dealer is a mile from a MAJOR honda plant complex in marysville ohio :)
-Christopher

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought my first Honda (Accord Hatchback) in '85 and have had Hondas ever since.

In the years since then I've seen friends with BMWs, Mercedes, GM, Ford all get increasingly frustrated with cars that were fine when new, but started falling apart on average two years out. Toyotas less so, but not lately, unfortunately.

I expect to hear the same in coming years about Hyundai/Kia. We shall see.

Looks aren't everything; I've always appreciated Honda's understated design styling, it's the kind of look that remains appealing for decades.

Congratulations on your new car! Civic is really the sweet spot for Hondas these days.

Launch the NSX, then bring back the Prelude! <g>

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts