9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were both in the market for new vehicles since both of ours were approaching 10 years old and we have a little one now. We were trying to decide between Honda and Toyota, and after comparing features and comfort we chose Honda!

My wife has a 12 CRV EX and I have a 12 Civic EX, Cool Mist Metallic. We decided to lease hers and buy mine, so that means I get to customize it to my liking! So far, I have changed all of the interior bulbs and the license plate bulb to LED ultra white to match the color of the car. I also just had the Eibach Pro Kit springs installed and am loving the new look! Next on my list is the deck lid spoiler. I also have OEM fog lights and a subwoofer on my short list. My long time purchase is a set of HFP 18" wheels to finish the look.

I look forward to the wealth of knowledge here and hope to learn a thing or two about my ride.

Bad Fishy!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Congrats on the new rides and welcome bad fishy! HFP wheels are really nice, can't wait to see pics with them on! If you need any help or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

-HoustonJohn

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really love my Civic and enjoy the CRV. I feel much better with my baby in these vehicles than our old ones.

Houston, I'm guessing you're in H-town? I live south of H-Town in League City, up the road from Galveston.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
Congrats! Welcone to the forum? Hows your wife liking the crv...im not too fond of the new rear design

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I'd never own a crv, buddy of mine was drunk one night and shot out back window of one with shotgun so no thank you, btw don't let wife run over civic with that thing

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! Welcone to the forum? Hows your wife liking the crv...im not too fond of the new rear design
She loves it. We test drove the pilot too and she preferred the CRV because of the sporty design and ease of driving. Only thing she wishes it had is the power lift for the rear like the pilot. That feature isn't available on the CRV.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait, what is powerlift?
It opens the rear door to access the cargo/trunk by motor. Right now it opens with hydraulic shocks and has to be pulled down to close it. The power lift opens and closes the rear door with the push of a button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts