9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just about went green and switched to the dark side of automatic with a new skyactiv mazda 3. Before I signed the papers I decided to go peep at a new si. The rest is history. 2 days later, I found a sedan in stock and rolled off the lot with a new black 2012 si from arguably the coolest sales guy I have ever met. 5 miles on her off the lot! Who here has bought the lowest mileage new si?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same with my LX, 5 miles on her when I rolled her off the lot.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Mine was the show room car with only 3 miles. When I took it out for a test drive, I put 4 miles on it before I bought it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
lol Wow my Si had to brought up from downstate, so I drove her off the lot with about 340 miles on it. :eek:( Oh well!!!! Still love my car!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine was 4, test drove 4.8. Kept on showroom floor entire time. Also had an awesome salesman. 1,490 miles on her now and loving it!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to 9thgen!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Mine had 3 kilometers (so just under 2 miles roughly). It was ordered in for me and I had to wait a few weeks for it to be built so no one had a chance to test drive it before I got my hands on it, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow so many members of the single digit club! To all of you who didn't start there, don't worry I didn't test drive your si too hard :wink:

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Welcome to the newbie club. First non-Nissan of my own. Family has had Honda's and I always liked driving them.

I had 8 miles on mine. Put 30+ fairly hard miles on the CBP sedan I test drove - twice!! Sales guy encouraged the revving and hard driving being an 8th Si owner himself.

My car rolled off the truck at noon, got prepped and I took her home at 6 the same day. Now, 4500 miles after just two months.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just about went green and switched to the dark side of automatic with a new skyactiv mazda 3. Before I signed the papers I decided to go peep at a new si. The rest is history. 2 days later, I found a sedan in stock and rolled off the lot with a new black 2012 si from arguably the coolest sales guy I have ever met. 5 miles on her off the lot! Who here has bought the lowest mileage new si?
We lost a guy for the sky active now gained one. Yay. Whats the be deal over the sky actives. I like mazdas but I'm lost to on how ppl are comparing sky active to.the si. So strange. Anyway welcome

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We lost a guy for the sky active now gained one. Yay. Whats the be deal over the sky actives. I like mazdas but I'm lost to on how ppl are comparing sky active to.the si. So strange. Anyway welcome

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
To be honest, they arent comparable in the least. I simply had originally planned on a gas friendly compact and non si civic trims werent cracking my list. Si just sort of threw a wrench in the works and won me over.

Still, the skyactiv tech is pretty cool and I believe has a ton of potential. But for all that boasting of 155hp @ 40mpg, it felt sluggish like every other high 30's, lows 40's mpg car. For now the mazda 3 serves as a nice looking compact that puts some more competition in the 40mpg category. It just isnt this combination of power and fuel economy Mazda would have you believe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts