9th Gen Civic Forum banner

First new car, honda civic 2012 LX coupe black

35K views 82 replies 26 participants last post by  AlienPrime 
#1 ·
hi new member here,
today i got my first car for new years, its the black honda civic coupe. I was wondering what tint % should I tint my windows? any one here have a black honda civic lx coupe 2012 thats tinted? pictures? :)

Reactions: Digger
#7 ·
Welcome

Be sure to call tinting shops around your area for a price quote and ask about the material. If they offer a dye based tint for 200$, then you're getting ripped off. Look for metallic, ceramic, or carbon type tints. Ceramic and carbon tend to be more pricier than metallic because they better heat blocking and don't interfere with radio. Be sure to also check tint laws for your state, which might limit how much you can tint your windows. This doesn't guarantee that you will get written up, but may increase your chances if you get pulled over.

#9 ·
thank you for the warm welcome everyone, i'll be sure to post some pictures tomorrow of my new ride :) I'll be sure to call in some tint companies around my area this weekend, thinking of getting the tint done next week, so I"ll be sure to take a picture of it. does anyone know how long it will take to do tinting?

#10 ·
An LX coupe - great choice! Welcome to the 9th.

#12 · (Edited)
I promised to post a few picture of my new car :)

Tinting the windows sometimes next week, Llumar is that good?

i apologize for the picture being upside down, i don't know how to ..fix it lol!

Attachments

#17 ·
#19 ·
What does 20% look like? is there any pictures on this site? I've been looking but everyone either got like 5% or something. Any examples? I apologize, I'm a noob on this site..

#24 ·
#25 ·
do you think i should do 35% then? I googled the tint shade images between 20% to 35% what do you guys thinks? ANd you think I should do visor tint because I see digger has a visor tint?

#26 ·
My whole windshield is 55% no visor tho

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#32 ·
my front windows are 35%, rear window/sides 25%, strip across top windshield 25%

check ur state law for legality State Tinting Laws

but not all follow the state law :)
I live in California, I think i should go with 35% on a black car? do you think it'll look sleek?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.