9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hey
whats up :D
finally got around to making my first post after browsing on here for the past day.
where is everyone from?

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey Lexx I am from Texas what about you and what do you currently drive

Attachments

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honda's 2012 civic warranty?

what does honda's 2012 civic warranty cover?
really interested in getting the 2012 honda civic, just want compare the offered warranty to what the Hyundai, Kia, Toyota & Chevrolet have.

if honda extended warranty is available should i even consider it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
what does honda's 2012 civic warranty cover?
really interested in getting the 2012 honda civic, just want compare the offered warranty to what the Hyundai, Kia, Toyota & Chevrolet have.

if honda extended warranty is available should i even consider it?
Historically, companies with reliability problems and are otherwise in trouble give long warranties . Hyundai, Kia, and Chevrolet all have longer warranties . Toyota is close to Honda. Which of these manufactures are at the top of reliability ratings? Ans, Honda and Toyota which have somewhat shorter warranties . Buying an extended warranty on either of these 2 makes just makes the dealership more money. Don't consider it. Only the full money back on the full warranty price, at the end of the warranty, might make sense in this time of small interest on investments. Toyota has offered this in the past -don't know about now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
8 year hondacare

Hi!

I found out about Hyannis Honda Care by poking around online and they have the 8 yr/120K/0 deductible hondacare plan for a 2012 Civic EX for $965.

Anyone deal with these guys before and have experience? My dealer is warning me against them, but I think thats cause the dealer wants 2x the price :)

Also, for that price, does anyone think its NOT worth it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
My 7 years/200,000km cost around $2,000. but the dealer gave it to me for $1,700. bumper to bumper except for normal wear and tear, you will have to read the fine print to see what's covered and service you have to follow, sometimes you get a good deal but they are quick to say you're not covered because you have missed a service or you did not have it done on time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was sent a sample contract, and its standard Hondacare. So its basically an extension of the factory bumper-to-bumper. I'm just curious if its worth it (which sounds like you think it is). Also, if anyone has had trouble with this MA dealer

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got it for peace of mind, hate working on my own car besides they said if the parts are back ordered or the repair is more that a day they would give me a loaner don't know if they will live up to it. lol

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Yeah i think you can buy HondaCare from anyone. Check on that first, but if so, purchase the car from the dealer with the best price and service, and reputation. Some of the small dealers are better to work with, but prices dont compare to bigger franchise dealers...
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea, I got my (EX, dyno blue)car for 20357+400 for dealer trade(they had to do an exchange with a dealer 200 miles away, and had to give up an EX-L for the EX)+1400 for options (auto day/night mirror, molding, fog lamps, interior illumination, sunroof visor(free), wheel locks(free),mudguards(free)

So I got it from a great dealer in terms of price(they also gave me $500 more for my tradein then my other offers), they just sucked with the Hondacare price. This seems like an insanely good price

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's GREAT to see someone getting some options for free and these are nice ones to have Auto day/night mirror, Molding, Fog lamps, Interior illumination.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's GREAT to see someone getting some options for free and these are nice ones to have Auto day/night mirror, Molding, Fog lamps, Interior illumination.
Yup, the dealer did the trade and the other car came with those free options and they waived them for us (in fact we were going to pay for mudflaps, and since it already came on it, they said don't worry).

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's nice of them not charging for the mud flaps, my dealer wanted to charge me for mine but I said get me another car with no holes drilled in it so it was free eventually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone Buying HondaCare with New Civic?

I'm trading in a 2009 Civic Coupe for a new 2012 Civic Sedan Ex w/ Navi. I'm debating getting the Honda Care since I drive a decent amount for work. Anyone else getting the extended warranty? Is it worth it? Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would and did. We leased ours so the warranty was a bit cheaper to cover the duration of the lease then at the end when we buy it out, we'll extend the warranty again. Not that I'm concerned with power train failure but you never know. So many computers and electronics not to mention A/C components. My reasoning is that you can finance your car but the service department won't let you pay your repairs over 5 years. Might as well cover yourself.

·
Registered
896 Posts
We got the platinum extended warranty that covers pretty much anything. That along with the road side put us at only $6 more per month and since my wife drives so far for work and we share the car we'll defiantly use up the standard warranty in no time.
We got a deal on the extended warranty too so if you can get them to give it to for a good price and if you plan to use up the standard warranty before 3 years then I say its defiantly worth it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts