9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I would not run this setup. No need for a staggered wheel on our cars.
The 8.5" +30 Might be ok but the 9.5" +22 Is going to have major issues.
Lastly the tire sizes are totally different. One is undersized from stock and the other is way bigger.
I would pass on these.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I Need A Vacation
13,623 Posts
Not to mention the tires are different brands, different tread pattern and different levels of wear which will lead to unpredictable handling when driven harder. When it comes to driving you want as much predictability as possible. Unpredictable=dangerous.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Just reiterating what has already been said. You will not only have fitment issues with the 9.5's but the different tires should be a sign to stay away. The most important safety feature of a car is a set of good tires.

·
Registered
76 Posts
lol at 215 with 35 sidewall and 235 with 40 sidewall

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Depends on the offset but IMO a 9" wheel is pretty wide on our cars. You may need to do some fender work/cambering if you plan to run a proper sized tire.

The 12/13 has a little less room to work with than the 14/15

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
225 is probably the widest you want to go or you risk rubbing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thx! So stick with 18x9? I can always get new tires, but just looking for a decent set of wheels
I used to have 18x9.5 +35 and 18x8.5 +35 with 255/35/18 and 245/40/18. This is on an ILX and I only rubbed slightly on the front and never on the rear. This was also lowered on H&R springs.

With the +22 you will probably need to roll the front fenders and have some sort of camber kit. The rear you should be fine, but I’d put a 245 tire on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts