9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my friend picked up the Type R today. I drove it, and holyyyyyy wow. All I can say is, I might get one in a few years. I'm planning on making a video review by next week, and will post it here.

Stay tuned! (pun intended)

Video:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He got it at MSRP, however the dealer "talked him into" getting every single option and dealer add-on possible. He still paid about 7 over MSRP but at least it was in the form of some type of product.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Video uploaded! Check the original post. Thanks for checking it out guys!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It looks so damn good in black. Lots of videos didn't make it look good but for some reason at the beginning the car just looks perfect. I am definitely going to be tracking down a black one in maybe a year and a half or 2 years.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah I like the 9th gen but the R is just on another level.

Giving it like half throttle in 3rd/4th gear gives you gobs of torque and pulls really strong.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I like the 9th gen but the R is just on another level.

Giving it like half throttle in 3rd/4th gear gives you gobs of torque and pulls really strong.
The turbo lag I was referring to in the video, is literally below 2k-2.5k rpm. almost non-existent above that. The car is almost perfect in my opinion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
As far as I know, doesn't this Type R also have a integrated manifold like our Z7? And does it have vtec on both cams?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The turbo lag I was referring to in the video, is literally below 2k-2.5k rpm. almost non-existent above that. The car is almost perfect in my opinion.
Ah yeah. Just the nature of turbo cars unfortunately. But yeah, above 2.5k it spools fast and pulls hard all the way to redline.
I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about the torque steer because my 9th gen had a decent amount of torque steer even though it was only a 3.6" pullied SC, while on the R it was almost non existent.

As far as I know, doesn't this Type R also have a integrated manifold like our Z7? And does it have vtec on both cams?
It does. It doesn't have a turbo manifold and goes straight from the exhaust ports to the turbine. It also has a plastic intake manifold and plastic end tanks on the intercooler. Vtec is only on the exhaust side. I believe theres really no reason to have vtec on the intake side cause your already forcing air in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts