9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the fkx, not the beaks style here, but will this brace do anything more than just the rear lower tie bar?

it will reduce rear LCA flex & increase subframe stiffness

i have it on my car for months now... it's an great mod to compliment to the rest of the braces...

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks pretty good really wonder if it will have much function though and it must scrape like crazy the way it hangs so far down.
subframe brace are made out of forged aluminum (billet)... the tie bar are bling factors, on my ilx, the tie bar are removed as it serve no performance purpose..

it unless your car is slammed like a 3" +, there is no clearance issue..

the sub frame braces been on my car for over 3 months before i even consider selling it... the first thing you will notice is the rear have less flex, the left & right rear LCA have a better "in-sync" movement than no subframe brace..

to test is very easy...

go through a speed bump at 10mph.... don't brake & glide through a speed bump... with subframe brace, the movement is very smooth, when you go up & down, it's just 1 motion... it will eliminate that usual right swing & left swing motion (when coming downward)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do lower rear tie bars do anything? The structure looks pretty rigid as it is. I can't tell how the tie bar will help at all.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do lower rear tie bars do anything? The structure looks pretty rigid as it is. I can't tell how the tie bar will help at all.
looks rigid doesn't mean it's rigid...

a 25miles fender bender cost me $8000 in collision damages (with discount), 9th gen civic just crumbles like a piece of paper...

the rear lower tie bar will reduce chassis flex, not as much as subframe brace... but for the price you pay, you can't ask for a improvement you get from braces that costs 300%+ more

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
25mph, school zone fender bender... the frame shift 1.5" to the right... the car is moving so slow that no airbag was deployed & my daughter in the back seat is perfectly fine...

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
25mph, school zone fender bender... the frame shift 1.5" to the right... the car is moving so slow that no airbag was deployed & my daughter in the back seat is perfectly fine...

dang when did this crash happen? hope you guys are okay

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dang when did this crash happen? hope you guys are okay
back in January, my wife been driving the civic for few months till we got the deal on her next car...

25mph in a school zone (morning school traffic), rear end a 03 corolla & the freaking civic crumbles like a piece of paper...

1 thing for sure is i will never put my daughter in a 9th gen civic again...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts