9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I attempt to select 2013 Civic or 2014 Civic, then select 2012 Civic Calibrations it states that it's unable to do so. I just installed the base map equivalent in my 2014 Si last night, my main issue was that I installed a lightened flywheel which was throwing misfire codes. So I've read everything I could find relating to this same issue, but as far as I can tell no one says anything about the warning lights on the dash displaying TPMS, Hill Assist, and Power steering. I disabled the misfire detection in the calibration menu, and thankfully the car runs fairly well. I did have an issue on the first test drive where the car bogged and threw a CEL, I pulled over and flashed the ECU once again. Since then nothing to report, but I'd really like to figure out how to get the car to quit displaying all these other warnings. Thanks in advanced for any advice. I included links to the Calibration I'm using as well as some Data Logs.

2014 Si Stock Equivalent
http://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7593
Data Log 1
http://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7591
Data Log 2
http://www.hondata.com/forum/download/file.php?id=7592

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
anytime i have seen multiple lights come up like that was due to a grounding issue but that might be the case with you, what i would suggest is to get a custom tune whether its a dyno tune or a Vit Etune thy are both good

·
Registered
9 Posts
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago when the 9th gen Si was still fairly new that installing lightweight flywheels causes issues due to the crank position sensor readings being thrown off because of the abnormal rate of rotation of the crank caused by the lightened flywheel. You might wanna search for posts referencing something like this for possible remedies. I'm not 100% sure I am remembering this correctly but I figure I'd chime in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes if you read my post I mention I'm aware of the codes being thrown due to the lightened flywheel, I've resolved the dive ability issues with the Flash pro but the dash still indicates there are issues and I'd like that to cease.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: last night I had to drive from my house in LA to my place in San Juan Capistrano south Orange County. I started my trip with all the warning lights lite up and the Flash Pro plugged in on auto tune and data logging.. About half way there all of a sudden I noticed there were no warning indicators alight and my traction control was functioning properly. I don't know if that's normal or if I just got lucky but now the car runs great. How crazy? Today I install my DP and hopefully no problems arise.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So yesterday I installed my Skunk2 DP, it's funny how large it looked in the pictures I'd seen. It's really quite small, I guess it could be that the last DP I'd bought and installed was a 5 inch for my Turbonetics T72 on my MKIV Supra. This thing looked like a toy, everything came off easily for the most part except for the dam first O2 sensor. It had the odd heat shroud that made it impossible to remove the upper catalytic convertor heat shield. Once it was all removed the Skunk2 DP went on quickly.
Now I must be getting old because when I started this thing it sounded like a tractor, reminded me of the days I ran my turbo out of the O2 collector. The floor shook and the growl from under the hood was quite noticeable. I'm all for a car being loud, as long as the things making some serious power. But I've got a stock exhaust, I cannot even imagine an Nvidia exhaust. As I recall in my S2000 they are unbearable, and here with a stock exhaust it's quite loud. Anyhow I took the car out for a 200 Mile drive and just as I was getting home the Check Emissions light came on. Another fun day....

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Check the code to see what it is.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the O2 bank 2nd sensor. I'm sure it's that supposed fix for not having a cat, it came with my downpipe. Can't I just disable that sensor in flashpro and eleviate the O2 sensor entirely?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any reason as to why I shouldn't just do that and plug the hole in the downpipe? They included some nice plugs for those holes when I purchased it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I removed the one from the "midpipe" and then disabled it in the ecu. Car seems fine and runs good. I'm going to get it tuned for sure this week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yesterday I took a drive from LA out through Palmdale and then continued on to Wrightwood. As I got up into the higher altitude I noticed the car began to hesitate and shudder. A few mins later it began to snow, the road was very wet and I was not prepared for this as my tires are slicks. Shortly there after as I reached the summit the all too familiar sound of the VSA, power steering, hill assist, and brake warning lights illuminated. So I tried to ignore it but with CHP everywhere and these horrible driving conditions it was difficult to say the least. I parked and went on my hike, figured I'd mess with it when I returned. After several hours I returned, hiking in the snow was quite taxing so I was not in the mood to deal with this. I plugged in my Flash Pro and checked the codes "mass or volume circuit low input" is what was listed. I reset the codes and tried to datalog and then use the Autotune feature. The trip home was a nightmare, I mean enough that I contemplated rolling my car off the hill and getting paid out from insurance. :) Dealing with the slick roads was enough, I had to be careful not to lose control (it happened once) and the engine died a couple times, once right in front of the LA County Sheriff's yard on the mountain. I flashed the ecu and reset the codes numerous times, sometimes with the usual results being it'd run ok for a min, yet other times it'd run and drive but no more than 3000 rpm's allowed. I'll skip the many hours in between but eventually I ended up at McDonald's in Canyon Country, took my laptop inside and read for hours on the basic premise behind tuning this Hondata. By the time I left at 10pm I thought I had a grasp on it. So I downloaded my calibration and took the datalog data and uploaded it back to the unit. The car started up and ran pretty well, I began a steep incline and got nervous but it did well. I took back roads to my house in Woodland Hills and when I was fairly close I pulled over and saved the data and uploaded it again. The car seemed almost perfect, I got onto the 118 freeway and tried some WOT runs and it didn't stutter or bog. Again on side streets I tried partial throttle and WOT and the car felt like a beast, screaming out and pulling hard. I got home and parked the car, went inside and a couple hours decided to go get food. Got in the car and started it, warning lights back on.... Flashed it, cleared codes and started it again. Instantly got "mass or volume circuit low input" car running like crap. I'm so frustrated. Ugh!!!

I would like to know if this code indicates a bad maf sensor? Otherwise what caused the car to initially start running poorly? I looked at the filter which is less than a month old, and it has a cover over it so I don't believe it clogged. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am having the same issue with my 2012 si. lightened flywheel, car goes into limp mode etc. i invested into flash pro, just wondering how you resolved the cps issue with flashpro. whether it be just turning off the sensor or just bypassing. any info would be awesome.

thank you

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
hey brother i have the same problem if u can help me out ill pay or any way posible
this thread is pretty old. what exactly is your issue? did you install a lightweight flywheel? if so you need flashpro to disable the misfire detection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First, I know this thread is getting old, but I'm almost in the same boat...no lightened flywheel. Invidia N1, Injen full length cai, flashpro, once in a while it just falls on its face from a dig(see attached datalog) but easing into it just slightly, its fine. No pro tune yet as I just moved from KS to CO. I firmly believe the altitude has something to do with it, bc I installed everything while in IN, ran fine in KS, low power and hesitant digs in CO. If anyone wants to see the full datalog and cal lmk. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hesitation.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts