9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FlashPro logs are showing a voltage drop under WOT as low as 12.1! What's the problem? Bad alternator, loose belt, bad battery, to much draw from amp for 8" sub, bad ground? What should I do?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
If you have an RBC with thermal gasket or just have a thermal intake manifold gasket then your grounds coming off of the loom on the fuel rail that are on the manifold are no longer good grounds. You need to move or extend those grounds to the head (not the valve cover) otherwise you could end up frying your flashpro. I had this same issue like a week ago lol and the voltage is low at idle, part throttle, and WOT(only when not in vtec)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have an RBC with thermal gasket or just have a thermal intake manifold gasket then your grounds coming off of the loom on the fuel rail that are on the manifold are no longer good grounds. You need to move or extend those grounds to the head (not the valve cover) otherwise you could end up frying your flashpro. I had this same issue like a week ago lol and the voltage is low at idle, part throttle, and WOT(only when not in vtec)

During my e-tune from Vit, he noticed that my voltage is dropping. He asked me to move my grounds, so I did. Below you will find a picture to where I moved them too. I am still getting low voltage, 12.1 at its lowest. Where else should I go? I love to drive my car spiritedly (as people say), so I do not baby her. The last thing I want to do is fry my ECU, FlashPro or anything else!

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Minivan

By the way, the tune is hands-down amazing! And Vit is a top-notch guy.

I also have an amp running 200w @ 4ohms, but its only about 2/3rds gain. The ground was checked with a volt meter upon installation and everything checked out good. Its 4 gauge wire, which was recommended by Kicker right in the manual. I will check the battery terminals next.

I would really appreciate a solution!

Reactions: Digger

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Myself and a friend have both experienced a voltage issue that started this morning. We both have our grounds prefect. How could we all start experiencing the same failure in the same day. It's statically not possible.

Please datalog and check your voltage levels. We've got to get to the bottom of this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Myself and a friend have both experienced a voltage issue that started this morning. We both have our grounds prefect. How could we all start experiencing the same failure in the same day. It's statically not possible.

Please datalog and check your voltage levels. We've got to get to the bottom of this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Hmmm... Is it tune related, WOT related, temperature related, ELD (electrical load detector) related? I dropped into the 11's today!

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Don't laugh but I think it's EMF related.

It's not tune related because I tried several maps and got the same result.

Another interesting thing is my buddy's voltage has returned to normal. I'll be home soon and I'll check my log. If its back to normal something is definitely going on. Lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Another interesting thing is my buddy's voltage has returned to normal. I'll be home soon and I'll check my log. If its back to normal something is definitely going on. Lol
What the heck could it be???

Where do you and your buddy have your grounds?
Do you have aftermarket systems?
I tapped my remote wire for my amp into the power windows fuse. Could this be it? (I am going to switch it, I found a thread where people used an empty fuse location with a special mini fuse that has a spot for a wire to attach to it.)

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

Rob I don't mind if you tell them it's me lol
And it's definitely not ground related, I moved my grounds 3 times today just to see and still my voltage was low. Then a few hours later it was fixed out of nowhere

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
What the heck could it be???

Where do you and your buddy have your grounds?
Do you have aftermarket systems?
I tapped my remote wire for my amp into the power windows fuse. Could this be it? (I am going to switch it, I found a thread where people used an empty fuse location with a special mini fuse that has a spot for a wire to attach to it.)
Your grounds are probably fine and go datalog again it might be fixed. It wasn't just us either, different people i talked to with different cars said their car felt different and slow today. And like Rob said, we believe that it's some sort of EMF or something whether its related to the sun or government testing I don't know but it should be over shortly lol

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Must have been aliens from outer space, because that is what most likely happened lol it's a fact go look it up :) jk I don't believe that haha

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
During my e-tune from Vit, he noticed that my voltage is dropping. He asked me to move my grounds, so I did. Below you will find a picture to where I moved them too. I am still getting low voltage, 12.1 at its lowest. Where else should I go? I love to drive my car spiritedly (as people say), so I do not baby her. The last thing I want to do is fry my ECU, FlashPro or anything else!

View attachment 18434

By the way, the tune is hands-down amazing! And Vit is a top-notch guy.

I also have an amp running 200w @ 4ohms, but its only about 2/3rds gain. The ground was checked with a volt meter upon installation and everything checked out good. Its 4 gauge wire, which was recommended by Kicker right in the manual. I will check the battery terminals next.

I would really appreciate a solution!
I have my grounds on the valve cover and my voltage is a consistent 14.2
:/
idk what's the deal with the problem your having.

sent from an artificial intelligence device that eats fruit for breakfast.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob I don't mind if you tell them it's me lol
And it's definitely not ground related, I moved my grounds 3 times today just to see and still my voltage was low. Then a few hours later it was fixed out of nowhere

Fixed out of nowhere? Weird!

RSX2Si,

Did you move your grounds back to their OEM location? Was the voltage still good here?

I just noticed your signature, 242 whp, holy crap. That's pretty sweet! I'm waiting for the Full Race downpipe, then a re-tune from Vit. I plan on e-dyno'ing before the downpipe and after the downpipe.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How's yours now? Did it correct its self like Matt and I?
No, I just got back from a run. The voltage was better, lowest reading was 13.6v, this time, but Vit turned off the EDF just to see what would happen. The crazy voltage drop is only during WOT.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its not just "Brown Tuesday, " lol! I went back through all of my logs. My voltage ranges from 13.8v-11.9v. But I am finding a possible correlation on the location of the WOT where the voltage is the lowest. Where the voltage is at its lowest I am WOT'ing near a small airport. Could their be some EMF from their radar, etc?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Fixed out of nowhere? Weird!

RSX2Si,

Did you move your grounds back to their OEM location? Was the voltage still good here?

I just noticed your signature, 242 whp, holy crap. That's pretty sweet! I'm waiting for the Full Race downpipe, then a re-tune from Vit. I plan on e-dyno'ing before the downpipe and after the downpipe.
No both my grounds are now on the drivers side of the head on the 10mm bolt right next to the cam sensor (blue plug can't miss it) right under the 2 vacuum lines. If you want a pic of it PM me your phone number because I can't post the pics on here lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts