9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
flossy grip tape shorty?

Does anyone have a black Flossy grip tape shorty? if so can u answer these few questions for me please.

1)how does it look in a si?
2)how do u like the texture?
3)does it get really hot?
4)how is the feel on the knob.. height/weight/width
5)would u recommend it?

i have a skunk2 shift knob but i feel i like the a round knob better. the tear drop shape for me is too skinny and it's too tall imo.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Does anyone have a black Flossy grip tape shorty? if so can u answer these few questions for me please.

1)how does it look in a si?
2)how do u like the texture?
3)does it get really hot?
4)how is the feel on the knob.. height/weight/width
5)would u recommend it?

i have a skunk2 shift knob but i feel i like the a round knob better. the tear drop shape for me is too skinny and it's too tall imo.
Can't say from direct experience but my buddy bought two custom designs. He says they're ok.. I drove his car a couple times, he doesn't like eh texture because he has rough hands and it like light sand paper or similar material.. so not that good from my stance..

Also, it gets just as hot as the Si shift knob, most custom and regular ones are black so it attracts the sunlight just as easily!

Weight is the same if not lighter because its not solid steel like the skunk 2's.

If i were you, i'd buy one and try it, and then spend more and get a custom design one if you like it enough already :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sandpaper feel i would like. would give a positive grip on the shifter.

they have 2 weights. a 240g and a 500g. not sure if i should go for the 500 considering i keep hearing it could effect the syncros (which it prob doesn't and i'm paranoid like always)

I'm also considering a twm shift knob. the phantom knob seems interesting

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
the sandpaper feel i would like. would give a positive grip on the shifter.

they have 2 weights. a 240g and a 500g. not sure if i should go for the 500 considering i keep hearing it could effect the syncros (which it prob doesn't and i'm paranoid like always)

I'm also considering a twm shift knob. the phantom knob seems interesting
go heavier 240g isn't that heavy....

just my opinion tho....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually got the stock shifter weighed, it's about 132 grams. Hope that helps for a reference.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
thats good to know :) ^^^

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ahhh, so not the happiest customer around. Purchased my La-fonda heavy weight knob from flossy on JULY 10TH. Shortly after purchasing it, I was emailed by them and was told that they were out of stock for this knob in honda thread, and I was also told that they would be in production next week and would be shipped to me that same week. So here I am sitting now over a month later, still haven't received my knob. And yes, I emailed them about 2 weeks ago telling them that I still have not received it in the mail, and was told that it had just shipped out yesterday. After another week of it not being delivered I emailed them TWICE and still have not gotten a response. I have been gone for a week so I am just praying that it will be there when I get home today. That is all, just thought I'd share my first experience with flossy :mad:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Whew I almost got that same knob around the same time you did. So glad I didn't because I would probably still be waiting. Don't worry it took Corsport a month to get me my p2r spacer. Companies these days have no sense of urgency. They take your money and then deal with you when they feel like it. If its not laziness then hire more help people....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Inframidi-550g

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whew I almost got that same knob around the same time you did. So glad I didn't because I would probably still be waiting. Don't worry it took Corsport a month to get me my p2r spacer. Companies these days have no sense of urgency. They take your money and then deal with you when they feel like it. If its not laziness then hire more help people....
Ughhhh its actually ridiculous....I ordered an ART SRI last week and its here before the shift knob. This better be a damn good shift knob. And I just got home and it still isn't here.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
who did u order from and where is it coming from?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts