9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those with an EX-L or an Si like I have or whatever other models include Navigation, aren't we suppose to get "flow" traffic info on freeways etc, as well as the incident info? I'm gettting the incident info when I pull it up but when I'm on the freeway I don't see any colored bands representing "flow" info?? I do know its geographically represented, meaning you have to have coverage which I do, but maybe the "flow" data is more pertinant to larger metropolitan areas where traffic is more of a problem?? I'm 45 miles south of Portland Oregon which I believe I've seen it work there, but where I live I see no "flow" data. Even when I zoom out I don't see any "flow" data, so maybe you have to physically be there????

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok, that may explain it. Thanks. Will check coverage map on my Mac, link didn't seem to work on my iPhone 4S. Thank you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
19 Posts
It isn't intuitive or maybe working on mine either. I live in the DC metro area and it will show arbitrary red lines on roads without traffic and nothing unusual in bumper to bumper.

Traffic incidents displays messages but nothing visually on the route. I don't imagine that's an issue with Honda so amuck as the FM broadcast towers though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I find RDS traffic to be sketchy at best even in good signal areas.. I have tested MANY GPS devices and typically RDS traffic is not up to date most of the time... the Honda NAVI is no worse than any of them other than it Does NOT pop up and tell me there is an incident in my route so i can re-route (like copilot, tom-tom, and garmin do)...
-Christopher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts