9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a pair of fog lights and fog light covers from CHH. Thinking about tinting them yellow as well. Anybody know the exact measurements horizontally and vertically of the fog light housing for the lx ex sedan? I'm going to buy the film and need a precise cut. Will post pics after it's all done!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Jliu...pm me if you don't get an answer by the weekend. I got mine in the box but wot e able to get to them until Friday. If you don't get your answer I'll measure mine Friday or Saturday... But PM me if you need it because I'll likely lose track of the thread... Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jliu...pm me if you don't get an answer by the weekend. I got mine in the box but wot e able to get to them until Friday. If you don't get your answer I'll measure mine Friday or Saturday... But PM me if you need it because I'll likely lose track of the thread... Good luck!

Will do. I noticed you also had the polished metal metallic sedan. good choice:happy: i have the same one!

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again MikeWa for the fog light dimensions. I have one more dilemma, I can't seem to deicide between blue or yellow fog light tint overlays. I'm open to suggestions. Pictures would be appreciated!:)

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I would be careful doing blue... Depending on your state and how strict laws are... You could be pulled over/ fined for having blue... Impersonating emergency vehicles.
Yellow is often a popular and nice looking for though. Have you considered a smoked film? Like a tinted overlay?

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Blues Clues
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be careful doing blue... Depending on your state and how strict laws are... You could be pulled over/ fined for having blue... Impersonating emergency vehicles.
Yellow is often a popular and nice looking for though. Have you considered a smoked film? Like a tinted overlay?

:happy:Thanks for letting me know. I did some research and it looks like the colors red, amber & blue are illegal in State of California. Glad i found out before I bought it.

I personally have always liked the yellow look, theres pics of my car with the yellow in the following thread...concerning the blue, I agree with mikewa, check out the law side of it first...smoked tint might look goodhttp://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/appearance-body-modifications/1939-yellow-lamin-x-fog-lights-not.html
Thanks for the link sil3ncio! Gives me a very good idea how yellow overlays would look on my polished metal metallic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts