9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Im cheap and therefore bought an ebay kit that comes with no wiring instructions. I am looking for an empty fuse slot that will turn off when the car is off. I rather not tap into one that is being used but will as long as theres no issues. I will be running an led bulb so I am not worried much about the wire getting too hot. Also, I need a suggestion on were to connect my switch to. There is also a 15amp inline fuse attached to what gives the lights power. Im not scared to get my hands dirty but when it comes to electricity I rather do it the right way. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1360603686.107618.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1360603730.874184.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1360603779.701591.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
The picture you posted are jsut the relay connect them together. I believe the green wire your suppsoe to connect into a fuse or parking light. What i did, i bought add-a-circuit to mini fuse. connect 2 blue fuse into the add a circuit. and connect into slot 19 (radio/cigarette lighter).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tbh, I dont know why I included those. I have an add-a-fuse but i know they are some issues with tapping into a fuse that is already in use as it can affect the power distributed to that certain item?which is why I am looking for a fuse slot that is unused, supplies enough power, and shuts down with the car(accessory switch I think is the proper term?) If not , I mean, I would just tap into fuse 19 no problem. Since My line already has a fuse (15amp) what would have to be the fuse amount in the add-a-fuse slot? Is it lower,higher, or even?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts