9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, does anyone know if i have to get a new front bumper if i were to install fog lights onto it or can i just modify my current bumper on my LX? i've always wanted to know this so i can see how much money i need to spend. thanks in advance

·
Registered
717 Posts
suggest calling local dealer for answer

·
Registered
565 Posts
If the LX front bumper is the same as on the EX, they will plug right in.

We did my fogs last night. Was a lot easier than the instructions make it seem and you don't even need a dril or hole saws or any of that junk. All we needed was flat and phillips screwdrivers and a 10mm socket, zip ties, and I think that was it. Recommend a buddy come help you. Oh, and tape for protection.

Bumper clipped off, harness is easy, 10mm bolt for ground wire, snap all back in... the interior is fun... driver side door sill and kick panel come off as well as lower drivers dash and top and lower steering wheel columns... FUN.

But the only tools I needed in the interior was a small flathead and a regular phillips. :smile: The rest snap on and snap off, unplug and plug in. Piece of cake job.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
If the LX front bumper is the same as on the EX, they will plug right in.
sadly for some people it's not :/ I believe there is a kit you buy from honda that shows you how to cut your bumper, then put a covering over the cut that the light fits in, I'm pretty sure I saw it at some point, that or wait til someone with an ex/ex-l/si takes theres off for a body kit and sells it

·
Registered
565 Posts
You're saying LX front bumper and EX are different?

Basically, my EX front bumper was "fog light ready". My car did not come with fog lights, but the bumper was already prepared for them.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

Basically, my EX front bumper was "fog light ready". My car did not come with fog lights, but the bumper was already prepared for them.
either it's a different bumper, or the LX isn't precut, I don't personally know, but it isn't 100% ready, that much I know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes the LX bumper and the EX bumper cover are a different design. The EX already has the fog lamp area in the bumper. Not sure what is used on the LX.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What a bummer for LX guys.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
hey there is a kit that you get that helps you cut the bumper, its the same exact bumper other than the fact that it wasn't cut the lx bumper even has the precut lines for them on the inside of the bumper, hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
see, same bumper

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yeah... sadly, the LX bumper is not precut and does not have fog light covers like the EX does if you didnt purchase that accesorie upon buying the car. so, im debating whether or not to get fogs at all right now cuz i really dont want to screw it up since this is my first car and especially since i have no experience in bumper cutting or anything of that nature :(

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
the dealership will still do it, you're looking at around 550 to 650 though depending on the dealer

·
Registered
565 Posts
My dealership wanted $275 labor + whatever the cost of the parts is for the fog light install.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Yeah it's like 400 for the fogs and the lx adapter

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Unless you order it from collegehillshonda then have your dealership put then on that'll save you about 100

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unless you order it from collegehillshonda then have your dealership put then on that'll save you about 100
True. Time will tell if ill do it though. Saving money is always a plus ;D

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I ordered mine to save money, then ended up putting them on myself to save even more money, maybe you can get them to do just the cutting

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's too easy not to do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
It's too easy not to do it yourself.
I was kinda scared at first, and didn't really wanna deal with the firewall, but then I realized you didn't have to! thank god for honda

1 - 20 of 37 Posts