9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just changed my foglamps to pure jdm yellow. If I get off the car, I can clearly see the yellow street, problem is that I think the range is too short or the lights are too focused down?
For those of you who have experienced changing the foglights? Is it possible to Mis-align the foglights and focused the halogen bulb downward?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yea, use a phillips and slide under the bumper. Youll see a hole and inside an adjustment screw within the bumper under the fog assembly. Just take note that 3k fogs will not go further then your heads as for lighting effectiveness. I personally did readjust mine midway since thats where the fog light suppose to light up due to... well fog and sometimes rain :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just fixed my alignment issue, one more thing that I'm quite concerned / alarmed, I notice my aluminum reflector in my foglamp (both left and right) have a small hole on the same spot. Is this coincidence or is it the 55watts/12v new yellow foglamps that burned it? >_<

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
If the hole is uniform and not directly above the bulb as it appears in your picture it is most likely not a melting issue. I will check mine today and see if they are present.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the hole is uniform and not directly above the bulb as it appears in your picture it is most likely not a melting issue. I will check mine today and see if they are present.
Please check, i'm quite regretful I didn't take a before and after image! Now i don't know where that hole came from.

·
Registered
597 Posts
That hole is the vent. On the back side of it there's a cap. If it doesn't have it, your light housing will melt.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Yes it is supposed to be there, mine has them too.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Whats the easiest way to get to the headlight and the foglight alignment screw thingy? Put in my hits the other day and they are way to low, left head is literally level with a cars bumper when bumper it, right is about an inch above. I wanna get the hits to the other cars bottom part of the license plate. Shouldn't blind people

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Headlight adjustment screw are right behind the heads and fogs are just as I described above. There is no easier way, it's usually the tools you use to adjust it with. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts