9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question? When you use the clutch do you drag your foot on the ground or do you have you foot in the the air slightly when using the clutch?

P.S. im new to stick shift if you cant tell. :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
182 Posts
left foot off the ground. makes for good habits of taking your foot of the clutch completely, when done shifting, then putting your left foot back on the dead pedal. Sometimes I notice that if i leave my heel on the ground, i don't come of the clutch completely, not like i'm burning it, but what I mean to say is that if you don't move your left foot to the dead pedal, you are vulnerable to resting your left foot on the clutch pedal, possibly pushing it in slightly, and I don't think that's a good idea.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
left foot off the ground. makes for good habits of taking your foot of the clutch completely, when done shifting, then putting your left foot back on the dead pedal. Sometimes I notice that if i leave my heel on the ground, i don't come of the clutch completely, not like i'm burning it, but what I mean to say is that if you don't move your left foot to the dead pedal, you are vulnerable to resting your left foot on the clutch pedal, possibly pushing it in slightly, and I don't think that's a good idea.
Ok thanks for the info

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quick question? When you use the clutch do you drag your foot on the ground or do you have you foot in the the air slightly when using the clutch?

P.S. im new to stick shift if you cant tell. :wigglesmiley:

Good question. Mine is in the air. I spend as little time on the clutch pedal as possible. It's usually IN - SHIFT - OUT within 1 or 2 seconds. The clutch should never be held in between, except when completely necessary such as reversing or very low speed stop-go traffic. Doing so will cause the clutch plate to wear. It's essentially like wearing out a brake pad.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
Feet in the air, clutch down, clutch released and foot fully off the clutch. Don't drag your feet on or off the clutch cause you might unknowingly be riding the clutch which is a very bad habit and bad on the clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts