9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which wax is the best to use?

Sent from my M860 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
i use meguairs products! best stuff that iv used

·
Registered
53 Posts
i use meguairs products! best stuff that iv used
Meguairs is a decent off-the-shelf, depends on what you're looking for.
Just a wax coat, or the 3 stage method? I've had some excellent results with Klasse, 3M products, P21S & a few other brands. Will you be applying by hand or a dual-action polisher? Don't forget about the clay bar, as its best to start with a clean surface.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've used Meguairs and Mothers 3 step.. Had good luck with both. Clay bar with 3 different grits (not sure, my detailing buddy gave them to me.. different colors) and then on to the 3 step wax. Usually comes out good.. back breaking work.

Makes Paint look good!!

My CRX following 8 hour detail, post restoration:

Mothers 3 stage was used.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
If your not going to polish it out via a DA like the Porter cable 7424XP etc your just as well off to clay bar then use Duragloss #105. Its one of the lowest $$ , easiest to use and long lasting .. and as a plus .. it looks great. Duragloss #105 is available at Car Quest , the will bring it in if they don't have it on the shelf. And its $10 ... 1 bottle will do about 15 cars as you apply it very thin.

The 3 steps mentioned are just a cleaner ( which #105 does ) and a glaze to fill some of the minor stuff ( which in turn only lasts a few washes) and a low end wax which because of the glaze only lasts a few washes also. In essence its a waste of time unless your going to do it every few washes.

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx, and i will be doing it by hand

Sent from my M860 using AutoGuide.Com Free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts