9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All!
I was directed to this site about 3hrs ago by a fellow Coast Guard member, and former Gen8 Si owner. Did some browsing around and it looks like a great community in here.

As for who I am, Drewader is my nickname, if you prefer you can call me Drew. I'm 25 years young, and live in Topeka, KS. I used to own an '09 Civic EX until a friendly, law abiding citizen decided to slam his brakes infront of me, leading to the totaling of my very first car. :sad: I loved that car. That led to the need of me securing some new trans. and my Honda Dealer deciding to walk me past a Sunburst Orange Pearl '12 Civic Si. I immediately feel in love. After all the red tape I steadily Rev'd the K24, shifted in to 1st, and drove off into the sunset giddy.

I look forward to mingling with the community here, and learning from, what seems to be, a vast amount of knowledge. If anyone lives in the "Great" state of Kansas hit me up and lets cruise!

Drewader

12' Civic Si.JPG

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your new purchase :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Woo! Rep that SOP! I'm one state over, in Iowa, with not many '12 civics around...good to have some 9th gen neighbors!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site...nice ride

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome ya'll. Nickhaldin I am pretty sure I am the only one within 100 miles that has a Gen9 Si. I have seen a few older Gen Si's in the area. I feel pretty unique when I am cruising around.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Thank you for the welcome ya'll. Nickhaldin I am pretty sure I am the only one within 100 miles that has a Gen9 Si. I have seen a few older Gen Si's in the area. I feel pretty unique when I am cruising around.
Yep! It's a pretty great feeling :) I'm the only Si HFP in my city as well :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yeah dude same here! And we're probably the only ones within an even GREATER distance with sunburst orange pearl...heads turn ALL the time when I drive by :icon_wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the color definitely is a head turner.

So here is a shame on me moment. Me being me, when I have something new and fast, I like to test it and show it off a little. To get my car I had to take a trip from Kansas down to Oklahoma. On the 360+mile drive back I had my friend tagging along and decided to show them what my car could do. Pulling out of one of the many centrally placed service stations on the Turnpike just south of Wichita, I put the pedal down a bit, and take off on to the Turnpike. coming out of 4th and into 5th hitting 90 on a 75 limited stretch. Unluckily, for me highway partol was posted just over the hill after the on ramp and tagged me with radar the moment I reached the crest. Needless to say, I got pulled over and issued a ticket for 197bucks... :pat: Yeah....

The best part about it, the officer complimented me on the my fresh new "whip", clearly stated his jealousy, and begin asking me about tech spec. The look on my face at this point...:WTF:
Anyway, yep that was my first major experience with my Si, and it definitely made me tone down showing off my SWEET new ride. I save that now for the vacant back roads of Kansas. :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yes, the color definitely is a head turner.

So here is a shame on me moment. Me being me, when I have something new and fast, I like to test it and show it off a little. To get my car I had to take a trip from Kansas down to Oklahoma. On the 360+mile drive back I had my friend tagging along and decided to show them what my car could do. Pulling out of one of the many centrally placed service stations on the Turnpike just south of Wichita, I put the pedal down a bit, and take off on to the Turnpike. coming out of 4th and into 5th hitting 90 on a 75 limited stretch. Unluckily, for me highway partol was posted just over the hill after the on ramp and tagged me with radar the moment I reached the crest. Needless to say, I got pulled over and issued a ticket for 197bucks... :pat: Yeah....

The best part about it, the officer complimented me on the my fresh new "whip", clearly stated his jealousy, and begin asking me about tech spec. The look on my face at this point...:WTF:
Anyway, yep that was my first major experience with my Si, and it definitely made me tone down showing off my SWEET new ride. I save that now for the vacant back roads of Kansas. :dancingcoolsmiley:
Ouch!! Lesson learned, I guess...well at least you have a lot of backroads to have fun with. I've been to Kansas once with my friend and his evo. Needless to say, we found every back road possible within 50 miles :D and there are ALOT of them! Good thing the cop was kinda cool, I guess it makes the whopper of a ticket (kinda) easier to swallow :s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the fact that the cop was cool about it and also didn't cite me for reckless driving definitely made it easier to swallow. LoL

·
RevHung
181 Posts
* Welcome *

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Welcome and great color choice!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Thank you everyone! I was a bit busy last night so I missed the later posts. I'm glad to be here apart of this group. :)
Well look around, have fun! And fill out your profile :) Profile pic, avatar, the whole works :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts