9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Used to be an 8th Gen member and now a 9th Gen member with the lease of a '12 LX/5spd coupe.
Just leased a '12 LX coupe after leasing a '10 Si for two years. As much as I wanted a '12 Si, my pocketbook wouldn't allow it this time so I had to opt for the less expensive LX. I knew that going from an Si to an LX would come with some sacrifices in performance, but from my experience so far I can live with the differences, especially since my insurance rates went down and fuel economy went up--along with cost at the pump as the LX uses 87 octane. (I almost always used 94 octane in the Si). And with the dealer-added Enkei 17 inch wheels and Yokohamas this LX is surprisingly nimble. I also don't see a huge difference in the quality of the interior bits between the '10 and '12 (except the seats--the Si's are more supportive and I like the faux suede in the Si). The BIG difference to me is driving styles(the 6 spd in the Si is amazing) In the Si I would often rev that beast to within an inch of its redline--it loved revs. The LX on the other hand--at least if you want to stay in the "green" range--has to be shifted at much lower revs, and driving that way yields great fuel economy but a bland driving experience. Having said that, the 1.8 in the LX will rev if you let it, but it just doesn't give you the same thrill as the Si (and of course that's not the goal of the LX) In fairness to the LX, it's an apples/oranges comparison with the Si. So with that in mind--and maybe I'm easy to please--but I'm liking this humble version of the Civic, and don't miss my Si as much as I thought I would.

·
Registered
148 Posts
pics with the eneki's?

welcome to the forum, i used to own an a few 8th's and now have a 9th. not regretting it at all (besides the head room in the coupe!)

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Welcome! I applaud you. I couldn't let the Si go if I was you!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome sir. I had a 8th gen EXL before my 9th gen Si and I don't think I could go back to the 1.8L engine. With all the hills in Oklahoma and one lane highways, passing people was impossible in that car lol. But I do miss its reliability. That 1.8L will never die. I still remember the guy posting his miles on 8thgen with like 600K and counting. Granted he replaced the engine at like 300k but only because he had a spare and was already pulling the trans.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome sir. I had a 8th gen EXL before my 9th gen Si and I don't think I could go back to the 1.8L engine. With all the hills in Oklahoma and one lane highways, passing people was impossible in that car lol. But I do miss its reliability. That 1.8L will never die. I still remember the guy posting his miles on 8thgen with like 600K and counting. Granted he replaced the engine at like 300k but only because he had a spare and was already pulling the trans.
I used to follow that thread! Pretty bad ass

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,358 Posts
Welcome to the 9th from another former 8th genner. I had an '11 LX, and now '12 (lost the '11 in a flood). Let's see some pics of yours with the new shoes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do! Right now the car is wearing snow tires with your typical ugly winter steel rims! The Enkei rims are black EDR9's. Didn't think that I'd like the black color of the rims but I think that they look good with the met. (gumetal?)grey paint on the car and mildly tinted rear windows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts